No Power Grey Wire to Fuel Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Remove all of the bolts on the driver side and loosen all of the bolts on the passenger so that they are most of the way out. Disconnect the rear light wiring harness so that it does not get strecthed and damaged. Unhook the filler tube from the bed and tilt it up just enough to remove the pump. I use a couple of pieces of 6X6 lumber for dunnage. Two guys should be enough man power. I did it my self the last two times that I had to change a pump on a pickup.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove all of the bolts on the driver side and loosen all of the bolts on the passenger so that they are most of the way out. Disconnect the rear light wiring harness so that it does not get strecthed and damaged. Unhook the filler tube from the bed and tilt it up just enough to remove the pump. I use a couple of pieces of 6X6 lumber for dunnage. Two guys should be enough man power. I did it my self the last two times that I had to change a pump on a pickup.
Yeah I was thinking if I went this way, part of the reason would be to have access to frame to clean up. So, I’d be looking at complete removal.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking if I went this way, part of the reason would be to have access to frame to clean up. So, I’d be looking at complete removal.
In that case remove the rear wheel/tire assemblies and put it on some low height stands . That way your crew will not have to lift the bed as high to clear the tires. 4 milk crates and 4 pieces of 4x4 and you will be good to go.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In that case remove the rear wheel/tire assemblies and put it on some low height stands . That way your crew will not have to lift the bed as high to clear the tires. 4 milk crates and 4 pieces of 4x4 and you will be good to go.
Perfect, I’ll have coffee and doughnuts. What time can you make it? :waytogo:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I leave right now I could be there in about 9 hours. :gr_grin:
When I drove down from MA to buy my truck in Clintwood, Virginia, which is in western Virginia. It seemed liked most of the trip was through PA, big State!
What are your thoughts on the filler hose and vent hose? Just replace?

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
When I drove down from MA to buy my truck in Clintwood, Virginia, which is in western Virginia. It seemed liked most of the trip was through PA, big State!
Yes on the rubber parts, the steel parts it would depend on their condition, also check on the condition of the ground strap that is supposed to be there.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

Look at what's available first. I was trying to fix a leak, and bought a new hose... it was garbage quality. It ended up being the tank not the hose that was leaking, and I think I put the original hose back on when I put the new tank in.

I did buy a new steel piece, and that's still on the truck.... definitely not OEM quality, either, but it works.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a line :p on both GM return and feed lines plus these.
You must be registered for see images attach

Look at what's available first. I was trying to fix a leak, and bought a new hose... it was garbage quality. It ended up being the tank not the hose that was leaking, and I think I put the original hose back on when I put the new tank in.

I did buy a new steel piece, and that's still on the truck.... definitely not OEM quality, either, but it works.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I’ve got a line :p on both GM return and feed lines plus these.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah, that filler hose may be trouble. I bought the SPECTRA PREMIUM FNH158. It wasn't cut straight, and was just a bit short. Made in China, I believe.