New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Maybe so, mine is a vortec. Don't remember what the old R2500 Burb had on its cap and rotor, too long ago when I took it apart. As long as the screws are magnetic, then hopefully they won't get lost falling off the screwdriver

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I haven't gotten a new tool yet but I'm needing a bench vise an looking for some input on some good brands. Or brands to avoid.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
X2. Wilton is the top dog
X3! There's a Wilton on my dad's work bench under all the junk and it's been there since I was in junior high school. Still works great. He has another one that's probably older than me....We used the big one years ago to hold the upper control arms from several Suburbans to knock the old bushings out with an air chisel, the arms didn't move a bit. I think he used it as an anvil almost as much as a bench vise. A good tool to work on old chevys and jimmys with.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilton/Jet are good vices. I have a Larin multi-function and a Morgan (old), both are good too. The multi-function is great, you can rotate and pivot plus it has a set of pipe jaws too. I guess it all depends on how much you want to pay.
You must be registered for see images attach

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New harbor freight jack to take some of the work load off the old 3 1/2 ton acdelco.

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I haven't gotten a new tool yet but I'm needing a bench vise an looking for some input on some good brands. Or brands to avoid.

I think we have a consensus on Wilton being the best, but they are 2x the price. Plus finding a vintage USA Wilton on the used market is a daunting task. What’s the 2nd best, and good value vise?