Never seen before Headlight conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Btw this was just for an opinion on the idea of doing it. Its not been done. Not a judgment on me. This threads over.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Topic started out asking if it would be a good idea, what you guys thought about it.. Opinions are out and now it's an all out argument, lol..

Have to say it's NOT OK to drive towards oncoming traffic with any lights on inside the highbeam housing. Not funny either, because I've nearly gone off the road thanks to HID highbeams.
You might as well do the 4Hi mod with HID in lows and hi's, once you figure out why your highs don't work.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do care for the people that dont ride for there highs. Horns pissed me off the assumption of spraying my headlights and complaing not enough light. Also i understand that the high lense shines higher and farther. Never said it but was to set the higha as my normal beam cause the low lense to be used kinda as a taller brighter fog light. Yes that ia opposite of what a fog light is. But it woyld light up the road more in front of my truck other than farther out where i dont need. Also have glare sheilds inaide the headlight for on coming traffic. Reason i dont just put fog lights i dont have a spot for them i dont like just bolting under bumper or to bumber. Thanks for all the opinions on this.

If you aim the lights down far enough to use the high beam part as a low beam then you are making the low beam part useless an making it no different than having lows only without highs which makes the whole thing pointless....

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I wasn't judging you at all. I've said the same thing everyone else has said, and it all makes perfect sense.

Using your adjusting your lights and using your high beams for all the time driving is like installing a mini A/C unit in your jacket instead of taking your jacket off. It's a goofy way around a problem instead of actually fixing the problem.

Like I said in my first post, first thing you need to do is figure out what happened that your high's don't even come on anymore. That sounds like a messed up job in the electrical, that could lead to a lot more problems down the line. Second thing, if you're having problems seeing during normal driving with your lows, get proper headlights, and set them up correctly.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm still curious as to why you don't want/need your high beams?

The lows are bright enough. I live in the city theres no need to use brights. Only reason i wanted to do this is to fill the high spot. I dont use it as a high imo there is no need. Theres a street light every ten ft. My 6k puts out enough light to show the entire street.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
most places its illegal to have all 4 lights on in a residental area anyways ask anyone with an older 70/80s car...
2 your in a lifted truck shinning em down is still gonna blind people in cars
3 fix the issue not side step it or put leds in the hi beam location and retrofit the low beam side with a bixenon projector....
dont try and pull the smoked headlight trick on me either cause its not gonna happen

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lows are bright enough. I live in the city theres no need to use brights. Only reason i wanted to do this is to fill the high spot. I dont use it as a high imo there is no need. Theres a street light every ten ft. My 6k puts out enough light to show the entire street.

So put a 194 bulb an socket on the housing if you just want light in there.

Edit: like this.

here's mine :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my static android

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Imo if your just wanting something to illuminate the high spot drill a hole and mount a 194 in it, will illuminate but not add light output, just wire it to your marker lights