Never seen before Headlight conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any bulb you put in the high beam side of the light is still going to be a high beam. Maybe not as bright but still a high beam. The housing is designed for that light to shine farther and higher, it's not just the bulb that makes it a high beam.

But since you don't give a **** about anyone else your not going to listen so.....

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Doesnt bother me as i can hit the e brake one notch and they turn off.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This is an indication that it is indeed your drl that is on, there is no change between drl and your headlights being turned on, if you dont want the drl you can pull the fuse for it, it is #16 in the fuse box under the hood

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I would personally strongly advise against this. You see the high beam side of the headlight housing have a different reflector (Or lens on a OEM headlight) which is how the housing defines it's beam pattern. So even a lower wattage bulb (Say 50W halogen) installed, the beam that the high beam side of the housing throws off will still cause glare and will be offensive to oncoming drivers. Also I don't know what state you are from, but it is illegal in a lot of states to have 4 headlights on while on low beam. All states allow for vehicles to have the vehicles low beams on and the fog lights (if equipped) on while on low beam, but most do not allow for vehicles to have 4 headlights on while on low beams.

I would also recommend that you find what is wrong with the high beams currently that is causing them not to work. A good place to start would be to check at the 9005 (High Beam) headlight connector with a DMM or test light and see if your getting any voltage. If you are getting voltage at the headlight connectors, check the filament within the bulbs and see if they are burned out. If you are NOT getting any voltage, it could very well be your headlight switch or dimmer/multi-function switch. I would strongly recommend finding out what is causing them not to work before altering anything else.

^^THIS^^

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do care for the people that dont ride for there highs. Horns pissed me off the assumption of spraying my headlights and complaing not enough light. Also i understand that the high lense shines higher and farther. Never said it but was to set the higha as my normal beam cause the low lense to be used kinda as a taller brighter fog light. Yes that ia opposite of what a fog light is. But it woyld light up the road more in front of my truck other than farther out where i dont need. Also have glare sheilds inaide the headlight for on coming traffic. Reason i dont just put fog lights i dont have a spot for them i dont like just bolting under bumper or to bumber. Thanks for all the opinions on this.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I can't imagine not having my high beams. When I'm out on the road at night (especially back roads) I want all the light I can have out there. Hell if I could I'd run aircraft landing lights on my truck. (Of course only when no one was approaching me.)
Why do you not want/need your highs?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
There is no ambient sensors on the gmt400 trucks that I know of. Your daytime running lights are you headlights and they turn on automatically with the key. Like Danny said just pull the fuse. It was the first thing I did on my truck when I bought it.

I would get the high beams working and then wire up the 4-high, then you won't even need fog lights.

But if you are hell bent on wiring some lights in there I would go with a lower wattage bulb around 20 watts.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My headlights are not sprayed with that cheap ass or vynled. Its not the drls cause theres no change when o turn pn the headlights or off. There is a spot for a sensor for drls but its has it was either shoved in the dash or deleted making the headlights always on. Doesnt bother me as i can hit the e brake one notch and they turn off. I wont be blinding people as their smoked .. Not as bright. Nor do o care if i do. I hate the idiots that drive with their brights on amd have normal headlights.

You hate people who drive with their brights on, but you don't give 2 sh!ts if you do because having unsafe headlights is a proper excuse to blind people?

You must be registered for see images

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People do it when there brights are aimed up. Mine wont be . Read my posts if you dont like it dont read it.

Theres so many in thia city that dont adjust head lights. Ride with brights or just dont turn them on.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
People do it when there brights are aimed up. Mine wont be . Read my posts if you dont like it dont read it.

Theres so many in thia city that dont adjust head lights. Ride with brights or just dont turn them on.

Please read Baron's post...