Need some help with my A/C PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you’re thinking I should have another switch on the manifold on top of my compressor?

You must be registered for see images attach
Sweet Jesus. I found an empty plug.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
That's the way it is on mine, I would have to assume they didn't change that much in two years...

Are the wires on that plug a light green and a dark green with a white strip?

Looks like it.

Turn your A/C switch on and jump that connector.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the way it is on mine, I would have to assume they didn't change that much in two years...

Are the wires on that plug a light green and a dark green with a white strip?

Looks like it.

Turn your A/C switch on and jump that connector.
Stand by. At the parts store buying switch. I’d have to get the system discharged in order to install this huh? I don’t understand how it could be missing.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 98, there’s no schrader valve on it. It doesn’t sound like it impacts the compressor. You might try jumping the connector and see if the recirc door closes.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
That is totally incorrect lol, Idk where that gets its info from but it ain't the GMT400 with the Vortecs. The pressure switches haven't dealt with the recirc door since 1989 in these.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is totally incorrect lol, Idk where that gets its info from but it ain't the GMT400 with the Vortecs. The pressure switches haven't dealt with the recirc door since 1989 in these.

Lol, beats me. It looks like it’s from the 98 manual. I was never really sure what it was for since it has the high pressure cutoff switch at the back of the compressor.