Need some help with my A/C PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think those relays control the compressor , i thought they had to do with fan speed. When I would run mine I could hear a click. Dont quote me at it though. I've just also redid my ac and replaced a crap load of parts so just going down the list with you with what I did
Well I appreciate your trying to help. It may just be a faulty ground for the compressor and a resistor for the blower. It’s weird because the compressor was working just fine then it just stopped too.

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I appreciate your trying to help. It may just be a faulty ground for the compressor and a resistor for the blower. It’s weird because the compressor was working just fine then it just stopped too.
I didn’t cross reference part numbers but all the plugs and the wires going in to the plug matched up.
I also cut the wiring harness attached to the HVAC controls removed at the junkyard sonar then I soldered them to my wires since old harness has melted. Both from the same vehicle.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Mine was having similar symptoms. Turned out to be the wiring harness. It was funny because the ac would automatically turn low (like modern cars) accept nobody was using my trucks bluetooth. When I touched the wires they would be hot.... I need to cut it and redo it before it shorts something

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also you made sure you got the controls that are an exact match. There's 2 type of ac control modules for that style
You got me thinking. Here are two pictures. The (female part) wiring harness is what definitely belongs on this vehicle. The two red lines show two empty pin ports. Now the switch that it connects to is the blower switch and it has a male pin that would line up with an empty port. ???????????????? The hvac controls might be wrong but like I said. This harness that is 100% stock to this suburban was the exact same as the donor vehicles since I took its wiring harness when I got the controls. So maybe that’s not possible.

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks the same. Mine just has dielectric grease

Bigred81

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks the same. Mine just has dielectric grease

I’m just wondering if you hvac controls has the bare prong that goes into an empty hole on your harness. But yes that’s is exactly what I’ve got. I think the other controls are for suburban that don’t have controls in the rear for the ac system. Mine does.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s the wiring diagram.

The lower fan speeds work, correct?

The 50A blower fuse under the hood hasn’t blown and the blower wheel turns fairly easily?

Disconnect the relay connector and check for voltages. On high, you should get 12V or so on the Orange (52) coming into the relay connector. Also should have battery voltage at the red (542) terminal as well. Pick your favorite ground spot to check.

If those check out, see if you have voltage at the purple blower motor wire. If so, and testing the purple using the blower ground wire still gets you 12V or so, then I’d suspect that the blower is seized.

Edit: sorry, misread your post and see that you said you have air but now the clutch doesn’t engage.

Blower connector C2

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m just wondering if you hvac controls has the bare prong that goes into an empty hole on your harness. But yes that’s is exactly what I’ve got. I think the other controls are for suburban that don’t have controls in the rear for the ac system. Mine does.

Mine has rear ac too