Need some advice from you ground pounders for a 4x4 with helper bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I figured I'd ask the air suspension guys for advice on my firestone ride rite bags since I'm not looking for the standard "air paddle" adjusters.

I've got a K2500 with the Ride Rite bags in the back.

I don't want to run air lines up to the cab, but electric is just fine.

I'm looking for a recommendation for an (affordable) electric air valve that I can operate from a three position switch in the cab. Probably one valve I can air up/down both bags at once since load leveling is thier purpose in life and that would make it simple to get the same PSI in each bag.

I plan to either have a reservoir on board (have a small air tank I don't currently use) or a reservoir and a small 12V pump. Speed and capacity is not a problem, it just needs to air up and air down and maybe do an occasional low tire top up.

Remote gauge in the cab, but that will be electric also.

So, recommendations?

(did I mention I was cheap as all hell?)

:)

Reaction score
You can buy some ebay cheap air horn valves.. id say run one for each bag personally but you dont have to.. One will put same pressure to both bags, BUT when you corner hard or with a load the force on the bag the truck is leaning weight on will force air into to other bag causing more lean. addiction2bass on here has a helper bag setup on his truck which is being bagged now, possibly he would have more helpful information for you and/ or be able to assist you in finding the parts for your needs. Hes an awesome junkyard hunter!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Interesting idea.

I guess I would need two valve for that idea.

One for airing up and one for airing down.

I'm picturing the air pressure line going to one valve, then out to a "T". One leg of the T to another valve to dump pressure, the other leg to the bag. Then a simple 3 way switch in the cab and a gauge plumbed in there somewhere.

Make sense or is there a better way?

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on adding helper bags but i plan on using freightliner leveling valves to control each bag individually. That way each side is controlled by height not Psi. Always level. Just have to put a regulator on the feed side so it wont blow out the bags if you overload it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I plan on adding helper bags but i plan on using freightliner leveling valves to control each bag individually. That way each side is controlled by height not Psi. Always level. Just have to put a regulator on the feed side so it wont blow out the bags if you overload it.

Sounds expensive.....:(