so many options for drop, need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some people say off the shelf (Monroe, Bilstein) are good in case you need one right away. Others use Belltech or the IHC supplied ones. I have Belltech but haven’t driven with them yet.
Ihc supplies rears, but don't have fronts. They say I can use factory spec, I just need to pick some.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock. Drop shocks ride like shìt.
right, so ihc confirmed that i can use stock length shocks on their kit, but what is a good street upgrade for stock length?

are the gas monroes any good, or should i stick with the oe replacements?

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No personal experience yet. It’s what I have but I have 0 miles on them. Like 618 said they can ride rough - more so than stock shocks would. You’ll hear people say good and bad about both and that’s what’s great about this forum. People will give you input so you can make a choice that works for you.

With belltech if they break or get worn out you have to order from them or another retailer. With something more common you can get it from the parts store. That in my mind is worth it. Unless I really love these shocks, I’ll probably replace them with something I can source locally, rides better, and is cheaper.

artlsx10

Reaction score
I wanted to go with IHC, especially because it's made in the USA.

I read reviews online. I couldn't find anything specific on this forum about them. There are many online reviews about alignment, noise (squeaky) and customer support issues. Several customers stated following their install and troubleshooting instruction but still had their issues.

There are many great reviews as well. Which made it too difficult to decide to go with them. I stayed away as I didn't want to deal with it, if I happened to have issues. I just went with what is known to work, beltech 5/7 using react modular spindles.