so many options for drop, need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3” drop lower control arms (purchase matching uppers that correct geometry) with a 1” drop spring would address almost all the concerns in the front.

I’m pretty sure you can’t run 15” wheels in the front with drop spindles. But you can with control arms.
(Just in case you may ever want to put 15’s back on it)

All the “hard work” is the same for all the options. Busting ball joints and tie rods, wrestling with a loaded spindle. So it’s not much more to just replace all the front arms. Definitely easier than pressing bushings.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eventually will be for a purpose. I plan on full exhaust, with a heads/cam kit, carb friendly intake, and a snyper system, along with the supporting mods, (fuel, spark, etc)

but for now, the wheels came along and i cant pass up the deal.
Makes sense. I asked because high performance requires different levels of control than stock.
I too vote control arms and springs up front and flip the back. No need to mess with drop springs for the back.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone used ihc? This looks like it's everything I need, except front shocks and factory shackles.
Is that a decent price for everything?

I've read these trucks really need a 3 in difference to set level so the current shackles on the 1in setting may work.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely easier than pressing bushings.
I vow to never fight bushings again.

I gotta update my thread but I am ditching the poly. It was a pointless venture. I’m getting rubber pressed in and calling it a day.

Anyone used ihc? This looks like it's everything I need, except front shocks and factory shackles.
Is that a decent price for everything?

I've read these trucks really need a 3 in difference to set level so the current shackles on the 1in setting may work.
Lots of good reviews on IHC.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The IHC stuff looks really nice. And it’s made in Texas! :patriot:

I vow to never fight bushings again.

I gotta update my thread but I am ditching the poly. It was a pointless venture. I’m getting rubber pressed in and calling it a day.
I don’t blame you dude. That was a traumatic experience. :thumbsdown:

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a 4/6 or 5/7 will sit level. Unless you like that ass dragging look that all the youngsters like.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is also Calvert split leaf springs for 88-98, and drop spindles rob you of 2in of up travel. You want the truck to pick up the nose to get the weight transferred to the rear.

Last edited:

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any active discount codes for IHC? nothing i found online worked.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so my list includes the ihc 4/6 kit, a set of u bolts, and a set of OEM shackles.

I should probably replace the front shocks as well. Any suggestions?

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so my list includes the ihc 4/6 kit, a set of u bolts, and a set of OEM shackles.

I should probably replace the front shocks as well. Any suggestions?
Some people say off the shelf (Monroe, Bilstein) are good in case you need one right away. Others use Belltech or the IHC supplied ones. I have Belltech but haven’t driven with them yet.