Need help asap with wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan mcleod

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this forum I have been searching everywhere on this forum and I cannot seem to come up with an answer. I have a 96 sierra 1500 extended cab. 5/7 drop got it from my cousin. It needs new wheels like now they are corroded bad and leaked so he put in sealer and it threw the wheels out of balance. I want to do smoothies but I'd like to do 17x8.5 or 9. My problem I'm running into is they are all 0 offset and I did read the sticky but I dont understand how I see so many people with smoothies that are 20 and 22s and they are fine. Looking to order asap. So please get back to me.

Matt327

Reaction score
I asked a similar question a while back and got no answer.

My plan is to use some CAD (cardboard aided design) to mock up diameter, offset and wheel width to check clearances right on the truck. There are also tools you can buy to do this more accurately (Google wheel size tool).

Sorry I don't have a specific answer but hope this helps some.

POPSGMT400

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this forum I have been searching everywhere on this forum and I cannot seem to come up with an answer. I have a 96 sierra 1500 extended cab. 5/7 drop got it from my cousin. It needs new wheels like now they are corroded bad and leaked so he put in sealer and it threw the wheels out of balance. I want to do smoothies but I'd like to do 17x8.5 or 9. My problem I'm running into is they are all 0 offset and I did read the sticky but I dont understand how I see so many people with smoothies that are 20 and 22s and they are fine. Looking to order asap. So please get back to me.
https://www.customwheeloffset.com/tire-wheel-backspacing-offset-calculators This website should answer offset and tire sizing options question; however, ALWAYS check your wheel supplier for advice regarding your choice. It helps to establish that relationship in case you have to return for non-fitment. My '96 runs refurbished junkyard 17x8 0"offset and 225/65R17 front and 275/55R17 Toyo Proxes III with a BellTech 5/7 and lightly rolled front fenders, which keeps the OE tire height. Handles great with no tire rubbing at any speed. Not my final wheel choice but works with the budget. Good luck! Pops