Need a new Y pipe..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah so I was coming home on I80 plugging along at 75 or so and I hit a piece of retread that bent my cheap Walker Y pipe. Bent it so bad that I'm going to have to cut it off to get to 2/3 of the bolts on each side.

Anyway, what is a good brand for the Y pipe? I was not thrilled with the Walker quality anyways. I do not want to run true duels as I cannot adequately plumb the O2 sensor.. And I just don't want them.

Thanks all!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Magnaflow makes some nice ones. I run one of them on my red truck.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow makes some nice ones. I run one of them on my red truck.

Bolt right up? I love the red truck btw. Thought you were a mad man for the 4l80e and 4.3 but I loved watching it come together! Sharp truck.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the JBA "Y" pipe on my summit 9015 shorty headers which connect at the same spot as the original manifold. This "Y" pipe is mandrel bent and the collector has a lot less restriction. Kind of pricey but...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jba-2831sy

This picture shows the pipe with the cat that I used. You can see the smooth transition on the collector. I used the ********* for my wide band O2 so I can keep my narrow band sensor on my header.
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bolt right up? I love the red truck btw. Thought you were a mad man for the 4l80e and 4.3 but I loved watching it come together! Sharp truck.

Yup, they bolt right up to factory manifolds or shorty headers. Mine has been on the truck for the better part of a decade now and it's still in good shape.

Thanks for the kind words! I think I may have built the slowest GMT400 in existence. :lol: Hopefully it won't be that way forever, though.

tachrev

Reaction score
I have a Jegs mandrel bent catless one on my truck. Pipe was great, gaskets and clamp that came with it sucked.

Replaced those and now it's leak free and fits great.

dakotabman

Reaction score
any reason the jba wont work on a 94?? several of the y pipes i have seen say they fit a 88-93. jegs had one that says it will fit 94-95 but the reviews are horrible, stating that the o2 is at the wrong angle and guys where having to smash in floor pan to get to fit. im curious as to why these y pipe would not also fit a 94, the only thing i could think of is the cat that is right after where the pipes merge. i just had full exhaust done on my truck from y pipe back but found a leak where it connects to manifolds so i wanted to replace. just figured i would ask here before i made a purchase, thanks.
heres a couple i was looking at.
https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/31001/10002/-1
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jba-2831sy