Need 454 tall upper radiator brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runnincool

Reaction score
Still looking for a set of left and right upper radiator brackets for 454 and or possibly 6.5 extra heavy duty cooling package with the 2 inch taller radiator. I fabricated a set to get it in the truck but want to find a factory set. wow these things are hard to find.
if anybody where to find a set i sure would appreciate it
(Thanks again 454cid) for letting me know your 454 truck had the same setup.
encloseing a pic of the bracket
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks
Runnincool

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What year? What vehicle?

Any of them that have the tall radiator (other than the 3500HD).... it's going to be the 454 and I guess the 6.5, later years. Maybe the 350 if it was in a higher GVW 8-lug truck? As far as I know there were two designs for a full width radiator, what most people have that's flat with the core support, and what he has pictured that's taller.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any of them that have the tall radiator (other than the 3500HD).... it's going to be the 454 and I guess the 6.5, later years. Maybe the 350 if it was in a higher GVW 8-lug truck? As far as I know there were two designs for a full width radiator, what most people have that's flat with the core support, and what he has pictured that's taller.
My 95 with the 5.7 the rad mounts are pretty much flat. My 95 with the 6.5 has the taller mounts. If I was a betting person I would guess that its a 7.4 and 6.5 thing. I would guess the trucks with a 6.5 had the tall mounts in 94 since thats when they went to that style of radiator. Hopefulley this info will help op find some.

runnincool

Reaction score
I added the taller radiator to my 96 C3500 trying to fix an overheating problem and it did help some. It came factory with a 5.7 and the standard radiator that is 2 inches shorter. I have 2 friends that have 93's with 7.4's one is K2500 and one is a C3500 and both have the tall radiators. I dident know they even made a taller radiator untill i went looking for something larger. ive been to junkyards and can find plenty of the standard upper mounts. plus chevy still stocks those. but chevy has discontinued the tall ones. i had a chevy parts guy do a nationwide search of dealer parts. i saw on this forum where back in 2017 were a guy did a search for some and a guy had a set. so i figured id give it a try also.
Thanks guys
Runnincool

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I would try a search on ebay by part number. If that doesn't go anywhere, maybe contact a seller directly that's parting out a truck that would have had them. It could be a low demand part, since they typically wouldn't wear out.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
1996 C3500 dually 7.4/auto had 'em for sure..

You must be registered for see images attach

Have you tried sourcing these brackets from the dealer? At first glance they appear to still be available and at only $11-ish each. Try part #'s 15574275 and 15574276; I would suggest trying local so you're not stuck paying return/restocking fees if these aren't the right ones.

Richard

runnincool

Reaction score
thanks Someotherguy those are the standard radiator brackets part numbers. the highrise ones are 15678761 driver side and 15678762 for pass side. according to the vin number for a friends K2500 7.4 with the tall brackets....whats confusing is appearently some 7.4's and 6.5's came with standard shorter radiators. What tipped me off on that is i ordered a set of the numbers you gave me. and they listed that they fit 7.4 and 6.5 as well. and thank you for trying to help. very nice of you.
And thank you "454CID" yes im still looking and have tryed those things you suggested, thought i found me a set on marketplace on a truck the guy claimed he was parting out. But after repeated emails he would never respond.
Thanks Guys I really Appreciate the ideas. if we keep trying, One of those ideas is gonna hit paydirt

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You might try searching car-part.com for a 2500 7.4L radiator. Most of those yards are full service so they may not want to sell you the brackets by themselves, but I ran a quick search in my area and was seeing complete radiators for $75-100 still in vehicles so you might be able to talk someone into including the brackets.

EDIT - You can also search row52.com for specific vehicle inventory in self service yards.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
thanks Someotherguy those are the standard radiator brackets part numbers. the highrise ones are 15678761 driver side and 15678762 for pass side. according to the vin number for a friends K2500 7.4 with the tall brackets....whats confusing is appearently some 7.4's and 6.5's came with standard shorter radiators. What tipped me off on that is i ordered a set of the numbers you gave me. and they listed that they fit 7.4 and 6.5 as well. and thank you for trying to help. very nice of you.
And thank you "454CID" yes im still looking and have tryed those things you suggested, thought i found me a set on marketplace on a truck the guy claimed he was parting out. But after repeated emails he would never respond.
Thanks Guys I really Appreciate the ideas. if we keep trying, One of those ideas is gonna hit paydirt
OK, sorry you had already tried those and discovered they were the wrong ones! That's the reasoning behind my suggestion of checking them out locally. That's a big downside of all our online ordering habits; often the information presented by the seller isn't enough to make the correct choice.

It appears those taller brackets could even come on a 1500 if it were 6.5-equipped, and while those are fairly rare, it does widen the field of boneyard choices for hunting discontinued parts. 1500-2500-3500 as long as it's 6.5, may have them. There's likely a particular RPO associated with the cooling system option that could root out a donor truck.

Richard