NBS rear bumper progress picz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Toss up some pics of what you got so far and Ill help you out. I'll crawl under mine in a bit and snap some pictures to see if we've dont the same thing. You will need another guy to help you center it when you bolt it up...when i was tightening the 4 bolts to the frame I had my dad sit on the middle of the bumper to push it down while i bolted it up.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's odd? You needed him to push it down?? On mine I need it pulled up! We tried to do one side and it worked but then the other side didn't want to budge at all....But I need to do some minor trimming or drilling somewhere to give me more room to come up. I find that odd that yours fit on too high? and mines too low? Were both using same exact bumper, brackets, truck, :hmm:?

Reaction score
Here are a few pics. Excuse tmy muddy frame, Ive been doing some wheelin lately and needs agood power washing under there. I have to take my bumper off sometime in the next few days, so I'll snap pics of everthing and get working on that sticky.

OBS licence plate lights
You must be registered for see images attach

OBS brackets. You can see here i drilled the hole and the top bolt is bolted in

This is the OBS bracket that causes your bumper not to come all the way down. Probably will just cut the bumper around it and it wil sit level.

My gap on my hitch. Bumper still will come down probably 1/4" when its done and over with.

If cutting around that old OBS mount where the NBS bumper hits in picture 3 isnt quite enough, im going to reem out the holes where the brackets bolt to the frame a bit so I can get a little adjustment there.

Hope this helps you out more.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tyler yours looks perfect! The weird thing with mine is I need it to come UP! But something is keeping it from doing sooo UGH anyway here's my pics my bracket and everything looks EXACTLY like yours! I drilled the new holes in the brackets too but put new bolts in. Good idea on the OBS lamp covers. Check out my gap here and tell me what you think it looks terrible!!!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy cellular pics. Only time I had before it got dark. Tyler I'm unsure if I need to grind out on the TOP of the OBS outter brackets I put on because the top of them is hitting the bottom of the bed and restricting that upward movement! What I don't understand is why yours you need to go down so much and mine needs to go up!

Yours is looking killer though bro. Can't wait to get this buttoned up.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tyler I'd love to get a pic of yours where your OBS bracket actually goes onto the frame...I did NOT re drill out the holes any bigger there where the bracket actually bolts to the frame. The only drilling I did was for the new hole on the top of the OBS bracket like you did...Let me know if I need to make the holes bigger on the bracket where it mounts to the frame.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also guys noticce that I nailed my hitch backing down a hill (when I was dropping the bumper off for paint actually) and see how the hitch is bent down like all hell? Could that be a reason why this bumper is mounting too low? The only reason I never thought about this before is because I still had my old bumper on when I hit the hitch and it wasn't bent or sitting low like this NBS bumper is??? Thoughts...

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Keep chugging the red bull, it will slip into place for you.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL no more tonight. I can only do a little at a time after these long work days. I'm beginning to wonder if the hitch being bent last week has something to do with this...This was one of my friends theory's but hopefully that's not it.

Reaction score
crawl under your truck tomorrow and take a picture of where your brackets bolt to your frame. try loosening them off and having someone pull up real hard on each side. Your bumper doesnt need to come up that much more.

Any chance you have a blackberry? If so PM me your pin and Ill be able to get back to you faster.