My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Probably that's right. Still a pretty robust axle.

Yup. I'm really hoping it is what it appears to be. That could be a fun truck to daily drive.

The main reason I am considering the flaming pile'o'crap, pieces missing Burb is that I have a trip to just north of Atlanta coming up in a few months. I'd quite like to have a comfy 2wd diesel Burb for road trippin' :driver:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you own another pickup truck? Or just the K2500 Suburban?

If you are like me and always finding myself hauling crap crap home, a truck bed is better suited for that.

Dravec

Reaction score
Do you own another pickup truck? Or just the K2500 Suburban?

If you are like me and always finding myself hauling crap crap home, a truck bed is better suited for that.

Definitely true. But I'm partially wanting to hold out for a K2500 eclb or another K3500 cclb like what I used to have.

Dravec

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Saw that the day he posted it!
I actually have everything gathered up for the swap except a 241C. I've managed to souce a correct length shifter for a 4L80E/NP241C, bezel, handle, all mounting points and hardware, etc.... Now I'm just trying to get lucky and find a 32 spline 241C. That's '97-'99.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I actually have everything gathered up for the swap except a 241C. I've managed to souce a correct length shifter for a 4L80E/NP241C, bezel, handle, all mounting points and hardware, etc.... Now I'm just trying to get lucky and find a 32 spline 241C. That's '97-'99.

You can swap input shaft and bearing from a 27 spine unit or whatever the little ones were. I put a 32 spline input and bearing on my 243.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Not sure if you want to pull it yourself or pay a yard to pull it for you? Nor do I know what is in your area but, try these.

Self serve: www.row52.com
Full serve: www.car-part.com

I myself will wait till warmer weather, I'm not trudging through 10in of snow to verify anything, let alone spend hrs on my back in the cold pulling the parts.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Feel like selling the k2500 burb?

I have a spare borg warner manual transfer case that would fit right in with front/rear drive shafts and a shifter.
I also was looking for tail gate glass thing version but gave up and picked up the barn door 97. Now want to look for the tail gate thing again.