My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
For some reason I wasn't getting my notifications on this thread?!

Took some reading to get caught up. I'm a full size B-Body guy, and have been looking for the "right" Buick Roadmaster sedan or station wagon to bring home for a back and forth to work rig. I'd prefer a pre-94 because I like the dashes better (they have a tach included in the cluster) and the engine is getting LS swapped no matter what. Slap some Impala wheels on it and drive the hell out of it!

Good luck on the potential 'burb purchase however. I'd have a fleet of them if I had covered storage for them all!

I've been suffering the same thing with a bunch if threads I watch too. Dunno.
But yeah, the B-Body is the best driving car chassis in my opinion. Had an '85 Olds Delta 88 that I friggin loved. Man I miss that car....

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I only mentioned it in case someone is looking for a donor engine. You are absolutely correct on the B body though.

Dravec

Reaction score
So, got all four of my junkyard control arms fully stripped out, so now I can get them cleaned up, take them to work, get them sand blasted, paint them, and install new goodies.
Now I can finally have my new arms prepped and ready to install in a weekend wrenching blitz :D

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I may possibly have a line on a '98 K1500 Burb. $1000, needs a transmission. Already sent a message to the seller, so I guess we shall see what happens. Would definitely like to have a 1500 for better fuel mileage, and to keep miles off of Elise.

Sadly, an all too common way that lot of these trucks end their lives. I've seen some trucks in really good shape sold like this. Unfortunately, a lot of them wind up getting parted out. Folks have realized they can actually make more money this way.

I got an L59 5.3 from a Yukon XL part out. Same story. Truck was actually in really good shape...blown tranny and the lady didn't have whatever they charge to rebuild it, so she sold it to a friend of her for $1,000.

Dravec

Reaction score
Sadly, an all too common way that lot of these trucks end their lives. I've seen some trucks in really good shape sold like this. Unfortunately, a lot of them wind up getting parted out. Folks have realized they can actually make more money this way.

I got an L59 5.3 from a Yukon XL part out. Same story. Truck was actually in really good shape...blown tranny and the lady didn't have whatever they charge to rebuild it, so she sold it to a friend of her for $1,000.

Are you talking about the Limited that I got sorta screwed out of?

Last edited:

Dravec

Reaction score
Junkyard got it in, not as a parts vehicle, but as a complete "builder" unit. I found it less than two hours after it arrived, and was trying to negotiate a deal on it. They forgot to lock it, and by the time I came back the next day, people had already started stipping it. All I got was the cluster and the fog light switch.

Last edited: