My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Howdy y'all. After several years of seaching (spurred on by @Stepside_fever95 's absolutey amazing Storm) I have finally come into possession of my very nearly 100% perfect dream Suburban.

This is Elise. She is my 1999 GMC Suburban SLT.
The main two options, that I refused to not have, and took me around 4 years to find both on one rig were the absurdly rare and hard to find (at least around me) E55 tailgate and lift glass option instead of barn doors, and 4x4. I almost didn't care about any other options besides those. I lucked out though, and she had the fully loaded SLT package, with practically every single check box ticked off, as far as I can tell.

She has the Vortec 454 backed by a 4L80E, the NP246 AutoTrac t-case, and a 14 bolt full float stuffed with a G80 and 4.10/1 gears

Elise is Summit White with the full power and heated smoke grey interior

According to the Carfax, she has only one previous owner before me, and I took possession of her with only 135,211 miles on the clock, and she seems to be in mostly great condition b other than a few of the usual common issues.

Dravec

Reaction score
Accidentally hit post before adding pictures....

You must be registered for see images attach

Dravec

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Brandon's Burb is just insanely clean in pictures in person.
Good score on the tailgate! I always wanted one of those over the barn doors.

Yeah, I have no clue why the tailgate is so friggin rare . On the older square bodies, it was almost a 50/50 split between tailgate and barn doors. Then on the 400s, tailgates became an endangered species. And on the 800s, the barn doors basically went extinct over night.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I have no clue why the tailgate is so friggin rare . On the older square bodies, it was almost a 50/50 split between tailgate and barn doors. Then on the 400s, tailgates became an endangered species. And on the 800s, the barn doors basically went extinct over night.

I've mulled over a 98 K2500 Burb with a tailgate...only problem is it needs an engine and a little bit of other work, but the fact it's got the E55 RPO is the main reason I looked it over;
I had a 97 K1500 Burb for a while and really disliked the barn doors; but even after I got my 96 K2500 I swore that one day I would own another Suburban.
Funny you should mention the GMT800s and barn doors, a good percent of the ones around me are all equipped with them.

Dravec

Reaction score
I've mulled over a 98 K2500 Burb with a tailgate...only problem is it needs an engine and a little bit of other work, but the fact it's got the E55 RPO is the main reason I looked it over;
I had a 97 K1500 Burb for a while and really disliked the barn doors; but even after I got my 96 K2500 I swore that one day I would own another Suburban.
Funny you should mention the GMT800s and barn doors, a good percent of the ones around me are all equipped with them.

Huh. How about that? I know GM killed barn doors round '04 or so. Liftgate only after that.

More than a year before I got Elise, I managed to stumble across a '99 GMC K1500 SLT that was Charcoal Medium Metallic and Pewter rocker two tone with the E55 option. But it was in Tulsa, Ok, and they sold it before I made it up there, after saying that they'd hold it for me.