My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a very nice, clean truck. Hard to find them nowadays without all kinds of mods/lifts or cut up to hell...or all the vatozone chrome, LOL. I bet it is a grandpa-owned-driven truck.

You can't pop the hood?

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Looks like a very nice, clean truck. Hard to find them nowadays without all kinds of mods/lifts or cut up to hell...or all the vatozone chrome, LOL. I bet it is a grandpa-owned-driven truck.

You can't pop the hood?

Don't feel like seeing if the owner has a 12 gauge that they're overly proficient with. :roflsquared:

Truck is behind a fence, and I learned at an early age, you don't go hopping fences in Texas. Not if you wanna keep going as you are. :lol:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't feel like seeing if the owner has a 12 gauge that they're overly proficient with. :roflsquared:

Truck is behind a fence, and I learned at an early age, you don't go hopping fences in Texas. Not if you wanna keep going as you are. :lol:

Yeah, I agree. I assumed you were in contact with the seller? Now, wasn't '96 the last year of the 6.5TD on the 1500-series trucks? I thought I read that somewhere, but can't find the source...and what hood stickers are you guys talking about? These? I don't see them on that truck?

You must be registered for see images attach

Dravec

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. I assumed you were in contact with the seller? Now, wasn't '96 the last year of the 6.5TD on the 1500-series trucks? I thought I read that somewhere, but can't find the source...and what hood stickers are you guys talking about? These? I don't see them on that truck?

Nah, haven't got into contact with them yet. Been far too busy with work, and this past weekend I had to put down a dog that my dad had since the year I started driving. So ive been a bit preoccupied.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if they just use different output shafts? I'd have to look at mine again, I thought it had a big old but holding the yoke on like the axle side.
Double checked and reg cab 4l80e truck had BW tcase with slip yoke. 5 speed truck had the fixed yoke BW t case

Dravec

Reaction score

I think '98 was last year for the 6.5 half tons.