My new project truck: '99 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Feel like selling the k2500 burb?

I have a spare borg warner manual transfer case that would fit right in with front/rear drive shafts and a shifter.
I also was looking for tail gate glass thing version but gave up and picked up the barn door 97. Now want to look for the tail gate thing again.

Nah, I got tons of plans for the old girl. Just looking for another 400 to feed my addiction. :anitoof:

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah, I got tons of plans for the old girl. Just looking for another 400 to feed my addiction. :anitoof:
It was worth a try. Been looking for last year ever since stupidity made me sell 91 v2500 burb. I do also have a second spare manual borg warner transfer case from a 1 ton, but no shifter or drive shafts.

Dravec

Reaction score
It was worth a try. Been looking for last year ever since stupidity made me sell 91 v2500 burb. I do also have a second spare manual borg warner transfer case from a 1 ton, but no shifter or drive shafts.

Yeah, it took me very nearly 5 years of dedicated searching to find Elise here. And even then, it was far more luck than anything else. Just happened to seach Craigslist on the correct day.

But if I ever do sell her (hopefully not), I'd definitely like for her to go to someone on here.

As for the BW t-case, the only reason I'm not looking for that one is because I read in a couple of places that you have to use the 1 ton torsion bar crossmember due to clearance of the crossmember vs size of the t-case.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, it took me very nearly 5 years of dedicated searching to find Elise here. And even then, it was far more luck than anything else. Just happened to seach Craigslist on the correct day.

But if I ever do sell her (hopefully not), I'd definitely like for her to go to someone on here.

As for the BW t-case, the only reason I'm not looking for that one is because I read in a couple of places that you have to use the 1 ton torsion bar crossmember due to clearance of the crossmember vs size of the t-case.

The truck i pulled it out from had exactly the same cross member, but I did see reference online of them being different. What do you think of 4.11 gears? Mine has 3.73, and I even picked up front/rear 4.11 axles. But now not sure if need the 4.11 with the big block for only occasional towing.
My last burb had 3.73, and it desperately needed 4.11. But that was a 350tbi

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I don't know about that, but neither of my BW cases have slip yokes. That's the only thing that caught my attention.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about that, but neither of my BW cases have slip yokes. That's the only thing that caught my attention.
The tc that i picked up has a slip yoke. Was told the front driveshaft was different, so I grabbed it as well. The rear driveshaft is 1" shorter vs my stock driveshaft.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The tc that i picked up has a slip yoke. Was told the front driveshaft was different, so I grabbed it as well. The rear driveshaft is 1" shorter vs my stock driveshaft.

I wonder if they just use different output shafts? I'd have to look at mine again, I thought it had a big old but holding the yoke on like the axle side.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I see a diesel bumper and a heavy half ton rake, but I thought they were stickered up from GM? The dealer I got my 1500 from had one and I knew a guy that had one, both had hood stickers.

Dravec

Reaction score
I see a diesel bumper and a heavy half ton rake, but I thought they were stickered up from GM? The dealer I got my 1500 from had one and I knew a guy that had one, both had hood stickers.

I was under the impression that the hood sticker was only really used up until '94.