My 99 Yukon Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Looks great! Have you ever considered painting your chrome grille trim ring white to match the truck. I'm thinking about doing that to mine, and since you've done so much colormatching, it might look good.

Also, rather than paint, why don't you get that grille guard powdercoated?

Those wheels are great, so clean and yet still eye catching. What do you have planned next?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Looks great! Have you ever considered painting your chrome grille trim ring white to match the truck. I'm thinking about doing that to mine, and since you've done so much colormatching, it might look good.

Also, rather than paint, why don't you get that grille guard powdercoated?

Those wheels are great, so clean and yet still eye catching. What do you have planned next?

Thanks man!
Yeah I've actually thought about either painting it white or black... I think the next time I have my grill guard off I will just plasti-dip it white to see how I like it.

The next thing I'm going to do is completely replace the carpet. It's really not that bad, but I'm way too OCD for the few stains that I do have.
I'm on a constant lookout for some descent leather seats on Craigslist or junkyard. Other than that, I think I'm going to start saving for a lift. I really only want 3-4" of lift but I think I am going to start looking at 6" lifts. I just won't crank the front up and leave a leaf out or whatever it takes in the rear. I know once I do that though I'll wanna go higher... And bigger tires. lol

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, the chrome ring painted white looks pretty cool.

It will look like this

You must be registered for see images attach

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Scored the rest husky mats off eBay for $60... Just snagged the rear cargo one from Craigslist for $50.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

ParadoxHarris

Reaction score
My god I must say this is a sexy build! Will you adopt me and work on my burb? What overhead console is that from? I'm not sure if you stated it or not, didn't see anything about it. just thought I'd ask.

ParadoxHarris

Reaction score
Looking at the picture again, it looks like you custom fab'd something from the front part of the OHC?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Thanks!

It is actually an Audiovox overhead console... Discontinued now but you could buy them aftermarket or from what I've read get them as a dealer option. I've seen 3 of them so far - all in Escalades. I lucked out on finding mine that hadn't been hacked up or broken.

rabbiporkchop

Reaction score
So I figured I would start a thread on here about my '99 OBS... I did the same thing for my ZR2 on another forum and that thread lasted 7 years because it was a never ending project... I've got a feeling this is going to turn into the same thing.

The day I picked it up in mid December 2012 with a hair over 66,000 miles. Kinda dirty - been pretty much sitting in a garage collecting dust. Only had 4,000 miles put on it in 3 years.

One owner, garage kept. Claimed it had a nasty problem with it since it had a miss. Took it home for $3,500. I went ahead and replaced the injectors on the 2 cylinders that it was misfiring on, and still had a misfire... Didn't take long to realize he had placed two of the plug wires back in the wrong spot. :whymewhyme:

Bought some cheapo clear corners for it from eBay... Not the ones I play to keep - but didn't cost much so I'm playin with em.

Off with the running boards and aluminum fender trim... And some clear turn signals.

Navigator center console

That Navigator console looks really nice.