My 99 Yukon Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never really liked the looks of those grill gaurds but your truck is sharp and making me rethink my opinion on grill gaurds great truck and great improvements.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
That's a steal. Looks like a Westin? Cheapest I can find one like that is around $200 and I don't see them for sale very often.

It is a Westin. Yeah I lucked out on it... Bought it from a guy that had a 2wd 2 door he was fixing up. I need to take it apart, sand it and repaint sometime or another.

Very nice. Your building the 4wd drive version of my Yukon lol. How well did the white dip match in person ? Also did you use glossifier or leave it flat?

It matches good enough that you really wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it. It's a slightly different shade, but pretty dang close. I didn't use any glossifier, just flat... But I kinda wish I would have. Thinking maybe it'd help make it a little easier to keep clean. I've been having to use purple power on it to get it clean.
If I have time this weekend, I'm thinking about dipping the rear bumper too. I really want to find a W/T rear bumper!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Finally got around to making something for the empty pocket in my center console where the cd changer used to be.
Not perfect, but better than a hole there. We work with this stuff at my job from time to time... I just threw this together. I may actually take the time and make a real nice one sometime.
You must be registered for see images attach

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
So at first I thought it looked like crap... So i peeled the plasti dip off the bump strip. Not too bad... But gonna have to find me a W/T bumper to actually paint white.