My 99 Yukon Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase, but I don't think I will understand why you replaced a really awesome Yukon with that little thing. Maybe I'm just saying that because I hate my Colorado. I don't know... to each his own I guess :)

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Thanks fellas! And I've looked at Colorados... I just really don't like the way they feel and drive. To me they don't feel as solid as the old S-series.
I'll miss the Yukon, but I just hated how huge it was and how it handled. I've driven an S10 for so many years I couldn't really get used to it.

mistaake

Reaction score
Thanks fellas! And I've looked at Colorados... I just really don't like the way they feel and drive. To me they don't feel as solid as the old S-series.
I'll miss the Yukon, but I just hated how huge it was and how it handled. I've driven an S10 for so many years I couldn't really get used to it.

Haha they are $h!t don't buy a first gen Colorado. I have also heard that the old ones (S10, etc) were much better.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I have a couple questions since I can't see all the pictures, I know you sold the rig last month, but were you able to hook up the rear heated seats from the Denali? What did you do about the radio controls on the back of the console, can you hook those up to the factory stereo?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I have a couple questions since I can't see all the pictures, I know you sold the rig last month, but were you able to hook up the rear heated seats from the Denali? What did you do about the radio controls on the back of the console, can you hook those up to the factory stereo?

Ah man sorry I didn't see your post!
Nah I didn't hook up anything on the rear of the console... The wiring harness that came with the Bose system looked like it would have been a real paint to pick through and I knew I would never use any of that.

BEAUTIFUL man

Thanks man! Unfortunately I no longer have it. :(

SierraPadre

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Yeah, my back killed me on the stock cloth seats.

I'm actually not 100% sold on the headrests myself... They are HUGE! Next time I'm at the junk yard I'm gonna grab a light grey leather headrest from a regular Tahoe or something and see how it matches up. If it looks good, I may just buy a whole set to swap em out.
I love those headrests, I imagine they swap with the regular seats