My '97 Chevy K1500 "Silver Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
My chrome bug shield came in today, really disappointed. The chrome plating is cracked a various spots which equals corrosion paradise. Probably have to wait ANOTHER week for a replacement one to arrive. Ugh, should've just ordered it on Amazon for $86, I don't think it is worth the $140 price tag locally. Also disappointed in the size, I thought it would be taller since it states it's a bug shield, not a hood shield. I might have them reorder a new one, or I'll just have my dad order it off of Amazon for cheaper and have it arrive about the same time.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Returned that chrome hood shield this morning and had them exchange it for some chrome vent visors from Stampede. Ended up just ordering the same hood shield off of Amazon like I should've in the first place, hopefully it arrives undamaged lol.

In other news, almost there to 250k. :banana-mario:

You must be registered for see images attach

itsko177

Reaction score
Now we are stepping in to 2020 pics. This was taken a few weeks ago. Added some tow mirrors and put some Flowmaster 40 series mufflers on it, so it is true duals now.

Hi, great looking truck. Could you tell me where you got the tow mirrors and maybe a part number?

Thanks,
Kevin

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed a few 17" 40 LED clearance light bars in the rear today. I wasn't going to put on the chrome bezels at first, but once I had put them on, it just completed the look imo. I might have to get the Anzo 60" tailgate light bar for my 98.

Last week, I got a new handle installed for the topper, since the PO didn't have keys for it.

**Forgot to mention, I put on a (sorta) rust free tail light a month ago, dad had bought it for $25 since the guy said he couldn't open it anymore. Well, found out the handle was seized up. So my dad said I could have it if I bought a new handle for it. My old tailgate was rusted out, dented up, and was getting harder to open it. This one opens like a dream now vs. my old one.

Where did you get them mudflaps??

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Hi, great looking truck. Could you tell me where you got the tow mirrors and maybe a part number?

Thanks,
Kevin
Thanks man! I got the tows from 1A Auto: https://www.1aauto.com/chevrolet-gm...ror-set-trail-ridge/i/trmrp00058/1125452/1997

High quality mirrors, worth the price over the cheap Amazon ones.

Where did you get them mudflaps??
I had gotten them at a swap meet last spring for about $15. Tried finding another set for the front on eBay but can't find any at the moment.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Update on ol' Silver Fox. Finally got the topper and tailgate painted last weekend, and put them on Tuesday night. And in good time too, our temps have been mid-low 60s and windy. Yuck. Also installed some Auxbeam LED floods for extra reverse lights a few weeks ago.

FATBAK

Reaction score
Just read this thread. Great looking truck and lots of links to nice items. My 97 was given to my by my uncle. Work in progress. Thanks.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Thanks man, your truck looks pretty sweet as well. Are those wheels off of a 2019-up?