My '97 Chevy K1500 "Silver Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I have owned this truck for almost 2 years. It's had a lot of stuff replaced on it, like A/C, fuel pump/tank, etc. Tranny has been rebuilt before I bought it, so I'm glad I didn't have to give an arm and a leg for that repair. It's almost at a 1/4 of a million miles, 247k to be exact.

Story time:
After driving my 98 through two winters after I had it repainted, I seen cancer was developing on it, so I said no more. So then I was on the hunt for another truck that I could use for the winter. No truck seemed worth while to buy (funny how that always happens). This truck was the only one that seemed decent. I was also interested in the plow too, since I didn't want to use my 98 for plowing snow anymore. When I looked at it, it had around 228k miles. The guy told me he got the whole A/C repaired, tranny rebuilt, new tires, etc. It looked like he took good care of it, maintenance wise. The body wasn't the best, but good enough for me. I was able to revive the paint a little bit when I went over it with a clay bar, paint was pretty rough, clay bar made it butter smooth again. After thinking on it, I went back to the guys house the next day. Handed him the cash, he handed me the keys and title. He included 4 sawblade rims with tires, and 2 (fairly new) tires, and even let me have the 9 or so sand tubes that were in the bed.

In the last year or so, it got a tune up, fuel tank replaced, new copper brake lines, new ignition switch, and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

This is how it looked when I bought it:
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
After I got plates and registration on it, I went through some level B's that were near me, and had a little fun. Never really played in the mud with my vehicles, since my 98 was way too nice to do that. Added that push bar (when it looked like ass) from my 98 on to it, and added a CB radio with dual 3ft Firestick whips (the passenger whip was just a dummy stick):

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
After a couple of months progressed, I had gotten some new black headlights and black LED tail lights for it, as well as a diesel bumper:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Aaaaaand that didn't last long, went back to chrome. Also had gotten a billet GMC grille for it:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
After the snow finally melted, put on some Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP LT285/75r16 tires with Pro Comp 69 series rims, and the toolbox from my 98. Ended up selling my black LED tail lights to my dad, and putting my 98's red LED tail lights on it:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
A month or two later, I ended up swapping back to the Chevy grille and put a Westin headhack rack on it. Also added some thicc pinstripe on it:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
In about July of last year, I went over to my cousin's place and went for a rip in the new tires. They did pretty good, got stuck once, which could've been avoided. Put a regular straight bumper back on it (junk yard said I could have it for $5, why not?). Stripped the clear off of my push bar, so I put that back on it as well, and equipped it with a 30" Auxbeam light bar. Also equipped the headache rack with a 50" Auxbeam light bar. Both of which are super bright.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Then about a month later I went through a weird phase with it:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Aaah, that's better:

This is what looked like in September of last year.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Ugh, winter. Added some cool LED turn signal lights and a lighted license plate frame to it from Iowa 80 truck stop though: