My '97 Chevy K1500 "Silver Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just read this thread. Great looking truck and lots of links to nice items. My 97 was given to my by my uncle. Work in progress. Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

If I would of bought a new base model suburban. Those are the wheels I want. Accept steel painted. They look nice in chrome though

FATBAK

Reaction score
They're 17", I just put them on last w/e. Bought them, wheels and tires, off of Marketplace for $250. The guy said they were off of his 2015. I just installed LED headlights and parking lights. The LED headlights are an amazing improvement over the halogen. Parking/turn signal lights are Switchback LED's All exterior lighting is LED now.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Thought I'd give another update on the truck. Might need some new tires soon, snow tires, or something because these Coopers are starting to suck in the snow. But then again, they are nearly 5 years old now, so I wouldn't doubt that they are starting to get a little dry. I might have to check into a winter set of tires and just use these Coopers in the summer. I love how they wear like iron, but for snow, they just aren't cutting it anymore.

Since the Coopers easily slip around, it's great for doing drifts in the snow. :D

And after taking the flares off, this is why I never post any pictures of the right side, lol:

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
I took out the rear seat today to see if there was a way to remove that pesky bolt that broke on the passenger side rear cab mount. Found some disgusting things hiding behind the seat, so I'm glad I took it out anyway. Removing the spare tire toolbox was PITA! Had to use vice grips to be able to remove the center bolt. What was GM thinking?! You can't even get a ratchet or a wrench in there. Anyways, this thing is badly rusted, so I'm just gonna say f*ck it and leave it be. Gotta love the salt belt. I was going to remove the nerf bars and install some iBoards from Amazon, but after seeing this, I just decided it's not worth it at the moment.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Damn that's crazy. Guess I'm a little lucky after all to be in houston. But really wanted to see snow yesterday for my son....
Someday I'd love to move down south were there are clean vehicles. I was looking at the California CL a while back, and these trucks were going for the same amount of money as they were here, but in Iowa they are rust buckets...

I saw in the GMT400 FB page that some parts of Texas got up to 8 inches? Must've been northern Texas.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someday I'd love to move down south were there are clean vehicles. I was looking at the California CL a while back, and these trucks were going for the same amount of money as they were here, but in Iowa they are rust buckets...

I saw in the GMT400 FB page that some parts of Texas got up to 8 inches? Must've been northern Texas.

Yup north Texas and college station got some snow

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Well it looks like this thread is shortly coming to a close. A few weeks ago, I got an offer on a 1996 Chevy K1500 that has less mileage than this one, so I bought that one, plus it had brand new tires (I could sell them, now the truck's free!). It's already got one of my favorite two-tone combinations, plus it looks a little less rotten and less molested, which was also a deciding factor. I will miss this truck, but it's time to let it go.

Here is the most recent picture of it, threw on the new tires and rims from the 96 on it. Still got to throw on my fender flares to cover up the rust. Bumper is also from the 96: