My 1988 C1500 RCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I did the plugs and wires last year. I was thinking the TBI base gasket was going bad but I’m not seeing issues when spraying carb cleaner at it while running.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 88’ has been running great this year. I finally broke down and bought some new 275/60/15 Cooper Cobra’s which give the truck a great stance and the handling is much improved. It’s crazy how many compliments I get with this truck, but I’m really happy with it right now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, we’ve been getting a lot of use out of it this year!

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Big summer for the 88' this year. I daily drove the truck for over 4 months this year, put over 6,000 miles on it.

Bought a newer boat and probably towed it over 1,000 miles all over WI this summer. Overall, truck ran great. I'm not sure how much it loves the extra weight and mass of the MasterCraft but it lived to tell about it. I did pull the MasterCraft 20 miles to storage will my dad's 2015 Ram, that truck doesn't even notice the boat is back there. The 88' is screaming through the gears just to get up to speed, good thing the 88' is straight piped, haha. The real issue is the brakes though, I need about 300 yards to stop this 8,000 lbs of American steel and fiberglass.