My '95 RCLB C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the seat upholstery finished, brackets bolted back on, new wire between the slides, belt buckles installed, tilt bracket reassembled and the seat installed in the truck today.

Had some trouble with the seat, as I went into this with not a lot of knowledge or experience and managed to screw it up a few times. Long story short, if you order an upholstery kit, make sure it matches the year of the seat frame you end up using.
I had to trim down and shape the foam of the '91 seat bottom to match the '95 upholstery. Big headache, lots of fussing and a bit of extra work on fitment. Didn't do a perfect job but for an amateur it's not too bad.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

First test fitting for my template of the sun visors today. They lock in position by themselves as required by the safety checklist. I'll finish riveting them together and wrapping them in the fabric this week. Should be nice and durable, and they'll match the rest of the truck interior when done.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So as usual I was delayed by unexpected complications; this time it was the truck not starting. After some help from the forum and a few evenings of electrical diagnosis, got her figured out and running again.

Then back to my custom interior fun stuff!
My initial idea was to leave the foam on the upper portion of the visor to disguise the swivel bracket and hardware. I trimmed the foam down everywhere else to slim the visor down and make finishing the edge easier.

Yuck. First prototype not successful. It ended up coming out a little lumpy in spite of my best efforts, and oozed enough adhesive through the holes that there was no way it was going to look right. It might have worked with a plain black vinyl, but I want these to match the headliner.

Onwards and upwards! I have another 3/4 yard of this stuff to play with, and I'm too stubborn to quit here.

Second go, I laid it out a little differently. Cutting a groove in the centre foam of the sheet to allow the fabric to wrap tightly around the top of the pivot arm, and trimming back 3/8" of foam right at the edge to make the edge banding slip on more easily.

A generous amount of contact cement later...

Very happy with how this turned out. I had a bit of difficulty fitting the edge banding in place and had to stretch it's internal metal "teeth" to make it fit. I'll give it a pass with the sheet metal bending pliers to give it a solid and even crimp.

This is what it looks like in the truck. Works like it's supposed to, and looks good to me. Now just have to do the driver's side to match. Should go faster now that I know what I'm doing.