My 1988 C1500 RCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Besides the 275/60/15 Cooper's I put on earlier this summer, the only other thing I did was put a set of OEM tails back on it. I do also have an OEM rear bumper but that project will need to wait until next year. She's all cleaned up and back in storage for the winter now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Some other pics from the drive home.

I made it 1,800 miles back to Wisconsin without any issues, truck ran perfectly. Averaged almost 17 mpg on the way home, not bad for a 30 year old truck. I towed my boat up north last summer, over 500 miles round trip. Truck handled it no problem.

What is the wheel/tire setup here? Looks good!

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
beautiful truck man. I love impulse buys

Thank you! The truck has really turned out to be a great find.

The MasterCraft was also an impulse buy this summer. We spent all summer in the north woods of WI at the lake house. The old Centurion was a wood stringer boat and didn't love being in the water so much. I explained the situation to my wife, she green lighted a new boat and a few days later we were driving down to IL to pick up this MasterCraft.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the wheel/tire setup here? Looks good!

Thank you!

The rims are Ultra 15x8 155 Turbine, they came with the truck, they very much fit the 90's era of the truck, I'm sure the were purchased in 90's sometime. Initially, they came with 235/75/15's that were the stock size for this truck. For a long time I wanted to ditch the rims but after looking at a bunch of trucks online I figured the rims were fine, it was the tries that didn't look right. Earlier this summer I put a set of 275/60/15's Cooper Cobra's on it and I couldn't be happier with them. Glad I kept the rims!