Moved !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 GMC extended cab and am thinking about modding the dash abit !! Has anyone moved the ac/heat controller somewhere else and if they did what did it entail !!! I would like to move mine into a fibreglass floor console I will be building soon so I want to get a answer as to what to do !! Thanks and what a great site --Lots of info to read but did not come across this at all !!!

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it has been done, I think I saw a picture somewhere. I would think it would just mean extending the wires.

Wait, is a 94 control the same as my 97's?

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it has been done, I think I saw a picture somewhere. I would think it would just mean extending the wires.

Wait, is a 94 control the same as my 97's?
Definitely not the same.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen them moved to an overhead console and molded into it, very clean look. And yeah; you just gotta extend the wires. I had the pic around here for a while but it's gone.

Richard

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I planned on it...there is 2 pa parts to the control unit. 22 wires bind them together. I planned on putting the control section in the over head and leaving the main board in the dash tucked away. I was going to run 20 gauge wire thru the head liner down the column to the board.