Motor and Transmission Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of you still with original motor/tranny mounts? Or if you replaced, at what miles?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Impressive, considering the extreme cold they’re in.
Ya...it was a daily from 91(the og owner) and I ran it from 96 until 2003, it's seen a LOT of freezing temps that's for sure. The tranny one was changed as it was ripped apart when I scattered the trans all over the highway. If/when I bLS swap the ol'girl, I'll probably take a boo and change the motor ones since I'll be in there anyway. Honestly never even checked them. Maybe when I'm healed up and before I drop it off the ramps I'll take a look.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'88 K1500 5.7L, Original engine mounts, ~320K miles. Rubber is shot, tried to install Poly replacements but they're not made right.
You must be registered for see images attach

Looked at aftermarket replacements--thin steel shells, unsafe in a collision.

There's no proper replacements for a K-truck.

Trans mount may have been replaced when I loaned the truck to my goofy buddy. There was a driveline vibration when I gave it to him, and it was gone when I got it back. He eventually admitted that he'd taken it to a shop and they "did something to the transfer case mount".

Joseph R

Reaction score
this question isn’t really in topic, but i was thinking of replacing the motor mounts on my 6.5 and was wonder is it ok if i jack up on the oil pan? i worry the motors too heavy but i don’t know thought i’d ask here.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this question isn’t really in topic, but i was thinking of replacing the motor mounts on my 6.5 and was wonder is it ok if i jack up on the oil pan? i worry the motors too heavy but i don’t know thought i’d ask here.
I would pick it up from the top side, on a lift there's some different avenues, under no circumstance stick a block of wood under the balancer and jack it.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed Off Road Design (ORD), and Schumacher Metal Works both made a race style motor mount. Lots of steel, not a lot of rubber/polyurethane. Seems like a race/extreme duty kind of part, but with no good OEM type options available, has anyone tried these?

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
172k mile replacement

Replaced with 3-1131G
Yes its in wrong, yes i have corrected it, despite what schurkey says, they look like they fit perfect with original brackets from a 98