More horsepower and torque?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beast94

Reaction score
Would you just leave this forum or not post, you are so wrong it isn't even funny. I have all the things I listed and you said are bad and they all helped me in different ways immensely. No duh a chip is for OBD1, I have one. You became even more of a troll since I have been on last and seem to know even less.

Actually there have been many independent tests that show TBI spacers only help out in the upper RPM's where our engines rarely spend any time. Also they have been shown to be very application specific and do not always help out. And he is right about the higher fuel pressures not doing anything unless you tune the computer for the higher pressures. More over in order to get the most out of fuel pressure increases is to use a Vacuum Referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator. This regulates the fuel pressure based on how much vacuum is being drawn by the engine. The lower the vacuum, the more fuel it lets through. Higher vacuum requires less fuel. This has to do with the amount of fuel that drops out of suspension. At lower vacuum times, more fuel collects on the walls and port floor of the intake runners. Fuel burns best when it is well atomized.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so why are you saying raising fuel pressure won't do anything when you just said Pre MPFI systems benifit from it.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Ok so why are you saying raising fuel pressure won't do anything when you just said Pre MPFI systems benifit from it.

I said it was pointless on OBDII and MPFI vehicles. It does change power characteristics on OBDI vehicles.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't mention throttle body ISOLATORS but they can give a very slight performance and economy boost. Using a phenolic spacer will isolate the throttle body from the hot intake and give a slightly lower fuel charge temperature. I don't know if anyone makes them for our TBI systems though.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually there have been many independent tests that show TBI spacers only help out in the upper RPM's where our engines rarely spend any time. Also they have been shown to be very application specific and do not always help out. And he is right about the higher fuel pressures not doing anything unless you tune the computer for the higher pressures. More over in order to get the most out of fuel pressure increases is to use a Vacuum Referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator. This regulates the fuel pressure based on how much vacuum is being drawn by the engine. The lower the vacuum, the more fuel it lets through. Higher vacuum requires less fuel. This has to do with the amount of fuel that drops out of suspension. At lower vacuum times, more fuel collects on the walls and port floor of the intake runners. Fuel burns best when it is well atomized.

Show me those test results. A stock tbi at 11 psi is barely keeping up let alone adding mods, so an increase to 12 or 13 is great for them and is not flooding the engine with extra fuel that is hurting anything or hurting MPG. VAFPR are only needed when running pressure way above 16 or so when idle and cold start does not need that much, but when warm and upper RPM's need it. You are right, fuel does burn best when it is well atomized which is what a TB spacer does, so good job and being wrong and right all at once, still doesn't help you out any. LT's are great for low end when the right exhaust is built after them and helps them breath up top.

I didn't mention throttle body ISOLATORS but they can give a very slight performance and economy boost. Using a phenolic spacer will isolate the throttle body from the hot intake and give a slightly lower fuel charge temperature. I don't know if anyone makes them for our TBI systems though.

We are talking about an OBD1 vehicle here so you are being confusing and not helping at all. A TB spacer gives the air/fuel mix more time to mix and atomize and helps throttle response, upper RPM, and off idle IMO. THey make wooden ones that don't transfer the heat.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So tell me then, when you increase your fuel pressure what happens? More power? Because? When the O2 sensor sees unburned fuel it tells the computer which in turn reduces the PW on the injector. So yeah, raising fuel pressure on a stock OBDII vehicle is useless. Everyone knows long tubes decrease low end, raises top top end power. Trolls are the ones spewing garbage advice and costing others money/power by following it.
I am glad you can define yourself and give an example all in one post. You can talk all day long about OBD2, but the OP has a OBD1 TBI engine setup.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im still trying to figure out how he got on the topic of OBDII.

Maybe I should have just stopped thinking about it and not try to figure it out.......