Input shaft seal/daily torque converter upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsauer329

Reaction score
99 chevy suburban 4x4 5.7 I belive my transmission input shaft seal is leaking if I go thru all the work to replace the seal (pull trans and torque converter just to get to said seal I'm pretty sure) I might as well put a better converter in right? It's a daily just true dual straight pipes with cats on still. Throttle lip has been removed. Not looking to race anyone in a suburban but just to stomp and get the tires to chirp a little easier

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Go ahead, add a higher stall converter to a 4WD Suburban. Plan on pulling the trans and replacing/rebuilding it.:badidea:

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99 chevy suburban 4x4 5.7 I belive my transmission input shaft seal is leaking if I go thru all the work to replace the seal (pull trans and torque converter just to get to said seal I'm pretty sure) I might as well put a better converter in right? It's a daily just true dual straight pipes with cats on still. Throttle lip has been removed. Not looking to race anyone in a suburban but just to stomp and get the tires to chirp a little easier
How many miles on that Burban?