Minor dent repait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have been doing a lot of work on my truck this year and plan to keep it maybe forever. I have a crate motor planned for next month and plan to paint her next year.
My question

Do the PDR glue tabs and slide hammer work well for pulling small dents or is the metal on my old truck to thick and I'll have to rely on bondo.

I plan to learn to do the body work and paint myself even though I've never done auto body work before.

My truck, 1993 GMC C1500 Sierra SLE failed clear coat, no rust, never wrecked, lots of door dings and common work truck dents and wear.
Me, 35 years pro woodworker, carpenter, artist, shop, tools, I spend 20+ hours a week sanding and free hand sculpting wood with an angle grinder.

I've owned this truck for over 15 years and slowely restoring her has become my hobby, still a daily driver and work truck.

Any recommendations on a good website to start learning about body repair?

Sorry for the Long post
Thanks

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I have seen the minor dent tricks that work on newer vehicles don't work as well on our trucks because of the heavier metal. That was my experience the few times I have tried to improve a small dent. I'm sure there are many on here with more experience who can give you chapter and verse. If there is a good system for removing small dents on these trucks I would like to know more about it.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most likely won't work. I am spending thousands on glue pull equipment, it is the current trend.
The problem with your truck is the peeling or near peeling clear. You might grip the paint but it ain't gripping the metal anymore.
I have had some cheap kits that don't work well. They will not fix every dent. slow pull is better than slide hammer.
I would check with a body shop to see if they do prybar PDR or sublet it in their shop.