Many mods, still not the results I hoped for!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
One of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-P...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af20a6dfc&vxp=mtr

plus one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LS1-LS6...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20d35085f9&vxp=mtr

and one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-F...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19dda62a8a&vxp=mtr

some of these (which can be had cheaper if you search around a bit) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Year-Warr...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2409644f&vxp=mtr

Then an injector harness off a truck LS engine and 0411 PCM, new intake tube, fuel line to adapt to the new rails, and a little wiring and retuning and you'll have a great deal more power than you do right now. This for about the same price and effort as getting the marine intake and modding it to work on your truck. Oh, an it's a lot lighter to boot!

In all seriousness, the induction and fueling system is this engine's biggest Achilles heel, along with the 5800 RPM limit of the PCM. Take care of that, and you will see a good deal more power from the setup you have now, to say nothing of adding long tube headers and some proper gears.

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. If I don't find a better deal on the Marine I'll be setting up with this. There's a few boat boneyards around here is why I think I can get a deal on a setup, but the Edelbrock looks alot cooler haha

On that note, could I not manipulate the bolt holes on a LT1 or LT4 intake to work? Maybe just waller them out a little to fit the 90 degree bolts?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you can also pick up a cheap tpi intake setup off a 3rd gen Camaro an then get the vortec lower for it...

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On that note, could I not manipulate the bolt holes on a LT1 or LT4 intake to work? Maybe just waller them out a little to fit the 90 degree bolts?

There's no provision for a distributor. If you used the coils and tone wheel from an LS engine, you could get around that, but you would still have to find a way to drive the oil pump.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
There's no provision for a distributor. If you used the coils and tone wheel from an LS engine, you could get around that, but you would still have to find a way to drive the oil pump.

i forgot how its done, theres many threads on it online other forums. if your gonna do a 24x swap with an lt1 intake on an sbc or even try to get a distributor to work on a sbc its be less time consuming to swap to an lt1 and 24x it.

WILFRE

Reaction score
This is actually making me want to try it, but its a bit pricy, i might go with the vette servo and go on little by little... any performance torque converters out there?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Revmax makes a 2200 - 2600 converter for our 4L60E. $235 to your door and has a 1 year warranty. I like mine so far. And yes, the intake setup is pricey, but will support all the power you want, especially when you see how much one of the 36lb/hr spiders and upper plenum spacers run. It's a lot easier than the ProFlo or marine intake, but isn't much cheaper, and I'm not sure than the spacer is still in production. If you can find the spacer for sale, it may be better for your power goals.

WILFRE

Reaction score
Yeah, Revmax makes a 2200 - 2600 converter for our 4L60E. $235 to your door and has a 1 year warranty. I like mine so far. And yes, the intake setup is pricey, but will support all the power you want, especially when you see how much one of the 36lb/hr spiders and upper plenum spacers run. It's a lot easier than the ProFlo or marine intake, but isn't much cheaper, and I'm not sure than the spacer is still in production. If you can find the spacer for sale, it may be better for your power goals.

thanks! and would you reccomend a complete overhaul of the trans and switch internals for corvette internals?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really depends on how many miles are on the trans, what your performance goals are, and how much you want to spend. These trucks can kill a 4L60E when completely stock, so when you start throwing more power and bigger tires into the mix it's not a matter of if but when you'll need to rebuild it.

WILFRE

Reaction score
It really depends on how many miles are on the trans, what your performance goals are, and how much you want to spend. These trucks can kill a 4L60E when completely stock, so when you start throwing more power and bigger tires into the mix it's not a matter of if but when you'll need to rebuild it.

Ok, Thank you!