Many mods, still not the results I hoped for!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILFRE

Reaction score
So I have a 1996 K1500 Z71 5.7 Vortec... I bought a new GM crate from Jegs, put a Comp Cam, TB Spacer, K&N Intake, Shorty Headers, Accel Cap and Wires, MSD Blaster Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition, Accel Spark Plugs, no cats, E Fans, and a JET Tune... I still havent gotten the results I hoped for. Any suggestions, i was gonna change the fuel pressure regulator but i cant find an adjustable one for my engine, any thoughts to get more fuel or to get more launch power... Right now my 0-60 is 9.7ish seconds. I dont want a full blown drag truck i just want a little more of a pull and more power.... Help? :help::help:

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
So I have a 1996 K1500 Z71 5.7 Vortec... I bought a new GM crate from Jegs, put a Comp Cam, TB Spacer, K&N Intake, Shorty Headers, Accel Cap and Wires, MSD Blaster Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition, Accel Spark Plugs, no cats, E Fans, and a JET Tune... I still havent gotten the results I hoped for. Any suggestions, i was gonna change the fuel pressure regulator but i cant find an adjustable one for my engine, any thoughts to get more fuel or to get more launch power... Right now my 0-60 is 9.7ish seconds. I dont want a full blown drag truck i just want a little more of a pull and more power.... Help? :help::help:

Get some long tube headers, and a custom tune

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
adjustable fuel pressure regulator... i'll find a link

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
underdrive pulleys, custom tune, gears, bored over, stroked, (or both), turbo, supercharger, not much else to do to a factory engine, they are awfully heavy trucks to get moving that fast