Making a headache rack out of metal fencing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrumpyOldTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've been trying to find headache racks on craigslist but not having any luck. So my idea is to somehow make one out of some spiked black metal fencing from home depot for cheap and also have something that looks unique.

Has anybody done this before? and how sturdy was it?

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it steel or iron? If it's steel should be pretty easy and strong too.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
If it's galvanized you're going to have a bad time! Tried using a galvanized fence post to temporarily fix my exhaust once and it held but barely!

GrumpyOldTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's galvanized you're going to have a bad time! Tried using a galvanized fence post to temporarily fix my exhaust once and it held but barely!

im a plumber, I don't like anything galvanized. I've had to re-pipe entire houses and yard lines because that stuff falls apart so badly

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
im a plumber, I don't like anything galvanized. I've had to re-pipe entire houses and yard lines because that stuff falls apart so badly

Yeah I just didn't have the funds at the time as a senior in highschool and just needed like two and a half feet of pipe so I bought the cheapest fence post I could find and that's what it was haha I only had it for a couple weeks till I could get some real exhaust pipe!