Tonneau Cover with Rack??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WannaBe1Ton

Reaction score
So i did something pretty stupid. I wanted a tonneau cover so i ordered one completely forgetting i have this big rack on my truck that bolts to the bed rails. Any of you smart folks out there have any ideas on how i could make some sort of bracket to have both? I really want to have both lol. I’m just having a bit of a brain block and could use some suggestions.

Attachments

• DF7BE5E7-A968-43E5-8530-2AC9EFE09910.jpeg
    DF7BE5E7-A968-43E5-8530-2AC9EFE09910.jpeg
    513.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 4CFED865-7B26-4996-A90A-8BE7ACDDCF70.jpeg
    4CFED865-7B26-4996-A90A-8BE7ACDDCF70.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 25

WannaBe1Ton

Reaction score
Here’s what I bought.
Yeah i don’t know how i could make both work but i’m trying to figure it out. This truck has had the rack for at least 15 years i feel like it’d look weird without it.

WannaBe1Ton

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe moving the rack forward as much as i can and getting the bed cover on top of the mounting brackets for the rack somehow.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd have to stretch the rack, at least make little parts near the bottom that kick outwards. It would have to end up like those racks that are meant to go around a camper shell/truck cap.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yep, with enough time and money, it could be done, not that it couldn’t be.
I found this, but it’s specific parts that you don’t have.

Last edited:

WannaBe1Ton

Reaction score
Yep, with enough time and money, it could be done, not that it couldn’t be.
I found this, but it’s specific parts that you don’t have.
yeah that looks good. but that cover is different like u said. maybe i could go under with mine and kinda use that as a model. thanks for that visual!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that looks good. but that cover is different like u said. maybe i could go under with mine and kinda use that as a model. thanks for that visual!
Any chance you could return the one you bought. The one in the picture I believe is a Truxedo Lo Pro. The way that that one sits being “low” would be beneficial.

WannaBe1Ton

Reaction score
Any chance you could return the one you bought. The one in the picture I believe is a Truxedo Lo Pro. The way that that one sits being “low” would be beneficial.
Maybe. That’s definitely a better option with the low profile design. But it’s also DOUBLE the price and i’m having trouble finding one for an 8 ft bed. i’ll keep looking tho.