Ls Swap Accessories

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fcoronel

Reaction score
Looking for pictures on accessory set ups. Its a LQ9 going into a 90' OBS. I would like to keep it stock but if i have to buy brackets i will but just curious to see pictures of different set ups. Thanks Gents

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my recent LS swapped '89 Cheyenne. Originally I used A/C brackets from Chap Performance (ebay seller). They looked nice on the engine. but once in actual use, the serp. belt would ride up on the back of the compressor pulley, which, in turn, caused the belt to ride up the alternator pulley into the alternator case, doing damage to the belt. I then switched to a bracket kit from LSXBrackets.Com. This has proved to be an excellent, though pricey, fix to the situation. When sending a question to Chap, there was no response, such as what size belt to use when upgrading to a larger Alt. (103 Amp to 130 Amp). With the new bracket kit, belt sizes and with what alternator were included. The new bracket did re-clock the compressor, so new lines had to be created, but I can make my own lines so that wasn't a problem

Attachments

• DSCN0736.JPG
    DSCN0736.JPG
    363.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0737.JPG
    DSCN0737.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN0738.JPG
    DSCN0738.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0739.JPG
    DSCN0739.JPG
    346.5 KB · Views: 27

Leeztruk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These pics are of the Chap Performance brackets . If you compare these pics to the last, you can see how the compressor manifold moved about 90* to the top or 12 o'clock position

Attachments

• DSCN0681.JPG
    DSCN0681.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0685.JPG
    DSCN0685.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0725.JPG
    DSCN0725.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 10

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look up dirty dingo's mount kits. Lots of pics there, plus explains the different pulley spacing for different engines. If nothing, you get a free lesson.
There is also a thread on here somewhere about modifying a S10 mount that works for cheap.

Fcoronel

Reaction score
These pics are of the Chap Performance brackets . If you compare these pics to the last, you can see how the compressor manifold moved about 90* to the top or 12 o'clock position
Man these are nice. more low profile look on them. Thanks Boss

Fcoronel

Reaction score
Look up dirty dingo's mount kits. Lots of pics there, plus explains the different pulley spacing for different engines. If nothing, you get a free lesson.
There is also a thread on here somewhere about modifying a S10 mount that works for cheap.
Looking into it now. Thanks Boss