Loss in ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ok so you hauled what? and the ride is significantly stiffer? if it had something to do with the hauling id think the ride would get bouncier, unless a shock is jammed or something. suspension parts dont just get tighter unless they are on their last leg about to snap off.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so you hauled what? and the ride is significantly stiffer? if it had something to do with the hauling id think the ride would get bouncier, unless a shock is jammed or something. suspension parts dont just get tighter unless they are on their last leg about to snap off.
A full tool cart and the empty top half of a tool chest. Then a few hundred gallon fish tank and it's base (the base didnt weigh much).
It was all highway driving, not stop and go. And not much cornering.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant tell if it's the front or the back. And it was hauled in the back. I've had the third row out since I got it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the recommended PSI is 32 front and 41 rear. But apparently the tires were rotated at one point so the front tires are the ones rated for 45 and the rear tires are rated for only 30. And the 30 PSI has been fine so far and I was planning on getting four all new tires come tax refund.
As for low mileage, that's only on the (apparently) rebuilt engine. The body has the average mileage for a truck this old. I'll write it down when I go out next.

Where does it say that the rear tires are only good for 30? I've never see a LT tire (which is what should be on a suburban) only rated to hold 30 PSI. I would get those tires off there ASAP. I think new tires and shocks will cure your ride quality issues. I always get the best wear patterns and life out of truck tires when I keep them between 35-37 psi, regardless of the stickers in the door.

Can you tell how old the tires are? Any signs of dry rot or maybe a broken belt? Whats the date code on them? Have you ever seen a car/truck going down the road and a tire is bouncing like a basketball? Thats a dead shock and makes for a horrilbe ride. Go to rock auto and pick you out some shocks. I know money is tight for everyone right now but even the cheapest ones they have will be an improvement over busted/worn out ones. Dont forget the 5% off code before you checkout....

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
They don't make truck tires rated for that low of pressure. Even most passenger cars aren't rated under 35. Maybe that's your problem, hauling loads with 30psi is just nuts. 34 is a good riding around number for the weight of our trucks but you should have more pressure when hauling stuff. That's why most pick up truck tires are rated for a 60psi max.

-Via Mobile-

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Typically I air my tires up until the edges just come off the ground and then drop the pressure about 4-5 psi, then just always set them to the first refernce point, as long as it isnt over the tires max rated psi.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from writing down the sidewall info.

Front:
  • Firestone Destination LE
    P235/75R15 105S M+S
    DOT W2HL D10
    44 PSI Max Press

Rear:
  • Goodyear Wrangler
    P235/75R15 105S M+S
    DOT M6HL FNWR
    35 PSI Max Press