Looking for recommendations: LED light bar/pod brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to add an LED pod(s) to the rear of my truck. Amazon is flooded with brands I’ve never heard of. My first thought was KC or diode dynamics but wow are they expensive. I understand you get what you pay for, however.

So, anyone have any recommendations for a budget brand? Or should I just stick with something a bit more expensive from a known manufacturer.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know in the Atv world many use Auxbeam brand with good reviews. Relatively cheap too. Otherwise check out HarborFreight. I think they are better quality than Auxbeam, but who knows, surely both from China!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are all made in China.
They are all very ground sensitive and power sensitive.
Ive spent quite a lot of time in the ditch chasing chicken lights on semi trailers.
It does not matter one damn bit about the brand of the china garbage you install.
Fix the wiring and fix the grounds fer ***** sake.
If you do not have good grounds and solid reliable power you cant figure out what the **** to buy.
There are no cheats. There are no shortcuts.
I really really believe that gmy400 prices would be climbing much faster if they had any aftermarket support for the ODB1 platform.
It is very ******* odd that people get all weak kneed and jello if you mention GM ODD 1 and they will either poo their diapers or put on the LS hat.
Run what the **** ever you want to run in whatever you want t0 run it in.
If you want to run a blown meth lawn mower.
Do it.
Be as kind and and as helpfull to your neighbors as you can be.
Dont be a dick.
That is not impressive at all.
And we. those of us in our fifties.
We reilly did not see it coming.
This ******* bizarre world where you get views for being a ******* ******* and use people as a joke in order to get views so you feel important.
Social media has done a pretty good job of exposing those people and showing what they think is important
And it sure as **** is not you.
The big ******* golden ticket.
That part of your life when you start to figure out what really matters.
When your health suddendly takes a sideways unexpected **** you.
And she is there to take care of you.
I am as dumb as a box of rocks.
It was like I decided to take some last stab at ******* myself up.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know in the Atv world many use Auxbeam brand with good reviews. Relatively cheap too. Otherwise check out HarborFreight. I think they are better quality than Auxbeam, but who knows, surely both from China!
Thanks, I will check those out. I was at HF and didn’t see any at my local store. Appreciate the input.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of them are made side by side in Chinese factories by kids. Rigid claims to be "Designed and Engineered in the USA" whatever that means, but even if they're assembled here, they're using components made in China.

I can't justify the 6x higher price for the same stuff.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of them are made side by side in Chinese factories by kids. Rigid claims to be "Designed and Engineered in the USA" whatever that means, but even if they're assembled here, they're using components made in China.

I can't justify the 6x higher price for the same stuff.
I guess I had kind of figured as much, as is the case with most other products. I’ll look at some brands on Amazon/harbor freight and find what suits my needs.

I plan on using it as a supplemental reverse light. Hard to navigate the farm in reverse at night. I have an idea to tuck it out of the way while still being useful and not blinding to others.

Eventually the truck will be dropped and I don’t want to catch it on an driveway/entrance that’s on an incline. Planning ahead with a discrete mounting location.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've bought square pods, round pods, and light bars off Amazon, never had an issue with any of them.
Do you have a Rural King near you? They sell them pretty reasonable as well. Not Amazon cheap, but it may be worth paying a bit extra for the convenience if you have to return it.