Looking for the best PRACTICAL suspension set up for a c1500 work truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And OP's overloaded 305 1500...

You must be registered for see images attach
Ha-Ha!

The 1990s just called....they want their lowriders back! (now transformed into Takuache Chebbies!):p

But OP still needs a "real" truck...:confused: if you know what I mean...;)

Last edited:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha-Ha!

The 1990s just called....they want their lowriders back! (now transformed into Takuache Chebbies!):p

But OP still needs a "real" truck...:confused: if you know what I mean...;)

A RCSB V6 auto with a salvage title right? 5th owner? W/T badges scraped off? Covered in stick-on chome?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, I was thinking what was posted earlier towing
.... maybe it's different where you live? But there's all kinds of $hit here... Really no telling...

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is fantastic, some people dont like the sardonic/dry humor so much and I find its great for avoiding the dread/reality of my life
that is fantastic, some people dont like the sardonic/dry humor so much and I find its great for avoiding the dread/reality of my life
Haha that’s great. Looks like you were busy causing some chaos while I was away. I’m all about the dry humour. I’m a sarcastic a hole if that much wasn’t already obvious. Life ***** on everyone these days… we’re all bitter. Sometimes I make myself feel better by going on forums and….. just kidding I’m not going to go there last thing I want is more forum drama lol. But anyway stay tuned for the new build vision. Hopefully people will calm down a bit after that. The truck won’t be even remotely overloaded anymore. Still gonna be a work truck and I still might beef up the rear end just because but it will be doing a different job all together. Hey if I’m tearing this thing down to the frame to restore the amount of corrosion it has suffered and protect it for years to come I might as well install whatever upgrades I want on the way back together. I’ve already invested too much in it. A 305 ain’t worth anything and a 4l60e though a sought after transmission will not get me my money back and no one in these parts wants interior out of these so instead of losing money I’m sinking more than it’s worth into it and keeping it alive for regular, light duty work truck and regular truck stuff. No aggregates going in my bed… worst case scenario I sprinkle a skidder bucket of salt in it for salting walks in the winter should I need to pimp her out to my boss when he’s in a bind. A line x bed is probably my best option to protect that from being a salt exposure issue so that will be fine and I intend to keep the truck constantly washed and protected anyway after putting all that money and love into it. First order of business will obviously a bigger engine cause I hated that from the very beginning. It sucked as a tbi…. Why they made it a vortec as well is beyond me but the 5L GM engine has and always will be trash and at least everyone in this thread and I can agree on that. Still undecided on the route to go but that is to come in my general post. Might start another thread to be honest so I don’t get people coming in and telling me the same thing I’ve heard already about 74 and a half times over

Brothajack93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so if everyone is done laughing about an engine I never intended to keep… everyone failed to read the part where the truck is practically being torn right apart. Now since the plan has changed it literally will be. I’m changing jobs for more money and better future opportunities which include working for myself as a sub contractor. The truck will only need to suit a roofers purposes. So a ladder rack basically. I’ll build the truck however I want now. Just not fancy so I don’t have to cry when it gets a scratch. Might shed a tear if it gets dented though after all the body work. And yes, that means the rear axle… it’s an upgrade and functionally there’s no downside to it…. Get over it. A work truck is a real truck…. If you guys want to go stroke each other about your kind of builds that I’ve never heard some dude look at and refer to as a “real truck” just go do it somewhere else. You build for you I build for me. Have helpful advice or you know where to go and how to get there. I’m not arguing with people about this crap anymore. If that’s what you guys are into whatever. I hate lowered suspension…. Get over it!!!! Don’t much like it lifted either unless necessary but you know what’s never necessary? Lowering the damn thing closer to the salty roads, the high snow and every possible road obstruction. Probably why it’s mainly a culture where it doesn’t snow. Now if we can all grow up and have a conversation and help a guy out I have an internal debate that I would like some input on pros and cons to which engine to put in. So obviously 5.7 is the easy and and a factory option for the truck. But a couple friends who are good with mechanical have also convinced me that LS swaps are not as painful as someone would think. I haven’t dived into much of any research on the topic yet so I seriously don’t know whether I would be into the work involved or find it working. But I do see a lot of “kits” for them so I’m thinking it could be easy. Good news is I don’t need a transmission…. I think I could do a 5.3 or a 6.0??? I know that there’s obviously going to be more power and that they’re easily turbocharged but to what extent for a work truck? Time and money is no longer an issue. I’ll have a company truck so I’m tearing the gruck apart once and I’m putting it back together once. Aside from having a little fun snow drifting in the winter I’m not looking to turn it into that kind of truck. I think a single cab short box would be best suited for that build anyway. But what pros cons would there be to it for my purposes as a working daily driver? It will probably tow occasionally. A turbo could definitely help it do that easier. Plus I’m sure they run a little more efficiently being a little newer than what came in these old truck and it can’t hurt to save on fuel in these times. But any advice from some experience and knowledge on the topic would be appreciated. I have a while to think about it since the body work is going to take a while being done n my spare time which is less than I’d like between work and kids but I’ll get it done by spring so long as We don’t have some kind of snowmageddon here lol