The "Mayne Queen"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Connorpod

Reaction score
Quick weekend Report:
The Mayne Queen is running! It turns out the lash was too tight. I used one of the methods on the forum where you lift the rocker arm on the push rod side and tighten until the two make contact and then preload. Worked like a charm. I am getting a very high idle around the 1100 rpm mark and my engine light will go on in neutral but will go away in drive. I can drive the truck around the block but under load I’m getting pops and back firing. My guess is the timing is still out. Very happy to see this thing running! So close to being able to daily this again!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Remind me again what you did for an intake? Pops generally mean lean (also retarded timing I think?), do you know what all was monkeyed with on the chip?

Last edited:

Connorpod

Reaction score
Not sure what was done on the chip other than egr delete, fuel adjustments for the 18 psi fuel pressure spring and I’m not sure what he did for the cam but he made some adjustments around the cam as well. Intake is an Edelbrock 2116 vortec carb intake manifold. I’ve put on a tbi adapter and a throttle body spacer on it as well.