Looking for new fuel pump assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a new fuel pump assembly for my 1997 2 dr 30 gallon tank. Anyone know were I can find one.
I have looked all over and cannot find one.
Thanks
Skip

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Delphi pump and sender assembly exploded after almost exactly 13 months, filled my fuel filter with aluminum shavings, and forced me to drop the tank again. This is a 94' tbi engine and I think your 97 is a vortec, so they have different pumps. Maybe delphi makes good vortec pumps, but i certainly wouldn't put that garbage on my truck. I'm using a Bosch pump with the delphi sender assembly, its been working flawlessly for a few years now, although the delphi sender float sticks when I let the tank get too low.

Lol, I warn everyone I can about Delphi.

You might want to keep your sender assembly and just replace the pump. Food for thought

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Delphi pump and sender assembly exploded after almost exactly 13 months, filled my fuel filter with aluminum shavings, and forced me to drop the tank again. This is a 94' tbi engine and I think your 97 is a vortec, so they have different pumps. Maybe delphi makes good vortec pumps, but i certainly wouldn't put that garbage on my truck. I'm using a Bosch pump with the delphi sender assembly, its been working flawlessly for a few years now, although the delphi sender float sticks when I let the tank get too low.

Lol, I warn everyone I can about Delphi.

You might want to keep your sender assembly and just replace the pump. Food for thought
And it’s review’s like this that make me look for NOS OEM parts. Delphi was the OEM part I believe, which is why I provided that link. But, like almost everything, made in PRC. I’m super leery of that crap.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won’t find many of these. This most likely is NOS that’s been sitting at dealership.
Yes, I know that ^^^ is just the sender. But here’s a quality pump.
That’s all I got. There’s plenty of Chinese assemblies other than that.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
And it’s review’s like this that make me look for NOS OEM parts. Delphi was the OEM part I believe, which is why I provided that link. But, like almost everything, made in PRC. I’m super leery of that crap.

Delphi was GM when our trucks were originally made. Then they spun off, went bankrupt, closed many facilities in the US, then split into two companies, then one or both got bought out by other companies. Delphi Technologies is owned by Borg Warner. The other portion of the old Delphi is now called Aptiv.

mwilliams55555

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Delphi was GM when our trucks were originally made. Then they spun off, went bankrupt, closed many facilities in the US, then split into two companies, then one or both got bought out by other companies. Delphi Technologies is owned by Borg Warner. The other portion of the old Delphi is now called Aptiv.
Borg Warner makes the quality stuff from what I have seen, just saying