Looking for inspiration...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking for some inspiration to work on my truck... Things you guys have done! I love my '94 Silverado, but I want to make it better, inside and out, as well as under the hood! :p

I can't work on it until summer, because the snow has already started falling here, and I don't have a big enough shop to put a truck under. Just looking for inspiration and things to do when I can!

You must be registered for see images attach

That's how it looked for a while after I bought it, haven't been driving it, no insurance until I get a job. I've since installed a custom console with a 10" Kicker CVR in it and sold the canopy.

Last edited:

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
remove topper, running boards, mud flaps. polish wheels or swap to stockers.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
remove topper, running boards, mud flaps. polish wheels or swap to stockers.

X2!! It makes a world of difference taking the topper and running boards off! Trust me I know, my 94' too came with a topper and running boards lol As far as worth while mods, definitely upgrade your headlights to HID's, once you do you'll never understand how you went without! And LED interior lights really brighten and clean up the interior nicely! Another really nice addition is keyless entry, I installed a keyless entry unit about a year ago and I don't think I've used my door key more then 1 time since then!

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, the Canopy is up for sale already, don't worry haha. I'm going to get a tonneau cover when I can... I actually really like the look of those running boards though, as well as the mudflaps. I was going to get some TYC Elegentes when I get the money and then put some HIDs in them, as well as do the 4-Hi mod I've read so much about. I've had the LED interior light idea in my head for a while. I bought the truck with a Viper Keyless entry system, so haha.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
I say put a lift on it or lower it, even a leveling kit would help because the stock stance looks awkward to me. o and i would get some new wheels:hmm:

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually REALLY like the stance of my truck. It's one of the things that made me really wanna buy it. I was gonna leave wheels to later, because I don't mind the ones it has now, but they'll definitely be replaced eventually. They actually widen it out a bit. I don't like the stock stance wither, but the stance of these wheels are perfect to me.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
well im glad you like the stance on yours :) im actually at my stock stance to right now because my leveling kit and wheels went to my 04 sierra:
Luckly i just ordered a six inch procomp lift and some 20 inch BMF Novakanes for my 98 Z71
:evillol:

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the chev grill, but I do need a new one. Mine is cracked. I want some billet inserts for it though. I still can't decise whether I like the new or old style mirrors on my truck. I kind of like the badging, but I sorta don't at the same time. I'm kind of on the edge about that. I do want a cowl hood though. I wouldn't be lowering my truck living up here either, too much snow. If I did any stance modifying, I'd probably do a 2" lift at most, but even then, I think I might not touch it.