Looking for inspiration...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a stereo in it. Two 4x6 Alpine Type R's in the old stock speaker location in the front and a 10" Kicker CVR in a custom console. I will be putting some nice mids too, eventually, and I wish I could put some nice rear speakers in it, but with the way these trucks are set up, I don't know how I'd do that. :/ Music is my life. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars of my own money working to get music, and for sound systems. I have a 500$ speaker system for just my computer, 5.1 surround. A full sound system for my TV (which is hardly ever used for TV xD), all the money into my truck's sound system that isn't anywhere NEAR complete... I have a 200$ iPod dock for when I get up in the morning. Just plug in my iPod Nano before I go to bed, it'll be fully charged by morning, hit play on the remote and I have music for the morning. I've spend hundreds of dollars on just headphones! Trying to find good pairs that last a long time (which i still haven't succeeded in.)

Also; what kind of spark plugs does this thing take?

Don't know how your set up is but my Alpine has three sets of jacks in the back im running my sub amp jacks for my lows and my 4x6 speakers front and back for mid's and highs I love the way it sounds of coarse im running a amp on my sub. I replaced all my 4x6 speakers but the way im running them they shouldn't mess up the way im using them oh im also using a Kicker sub as you are. Im going to get this MTX 8000 Comp speaker rebuilt im sure it's going to sound much better but again I don't boom much im a old 51 year old fart. Talking about loving music I have over 14K sounds on my I-Pod. Look into KEF speakers there sound awesome.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha, my dad is 59, so, you're not that old! :p I mean, i get a lot of my music taste from my dad. The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc etc. I like modern music too, but only the rock/metal stuff, no silly hip hop or anything. I have over 2k songs on my iPod, and I'm only 16... :p

88chevy

Reaction score
Why does everyone want to ditch the 88-94 mirrors? I love them. Also, they can take a tree a lot better then the plastic ones. I've never been sold on the new style mirrors, not sure why. Really clean looking truck though, I'd just find a set of wheels off a newer style, maybe debadge it and run a nice dual setup and call it a day.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like the older mirrors too... I honestly really love the way the truck is as it is, other than the headlights and canopy, but... I want to do all these little things to it.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like the side steps, actually... They're the only ones I've ever seen that I actually like... Definitely will get a billet grill though, my stock is destroyed on one side anyway. (Can't see it in the pics) The mount is straight up broken, like, completely wrecked. I'm going to replace the entire grill with the billet one from LMC. http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cd/CDGRD.htm

I'm also going to get a 2" rise Cowl Hood at one point or another, I think it'd look good on my truck. I want a tonneau cover too, with a Line-X bedliner. This is a truck and I will be using it as one, so the bedliner will be a must. I think I'm going to stick with my old style mirrors though. There will be a new exhaust system eventually, I was also thinking a new intake at some point. I was also thinking of maybe LEDs under the tonneau cover in the box once I get one? I think that would be a cool idea. It gets dark around 4:30 or 5 o'clock here in the winter, and I think it could be really useful when the cover is unrolled. My dad bought me this truck, and I want to make it better, not just for me, but for him. He means a lot to me and I can't thank him enough for everything he's done for me.

I honestly never plan on getting rid of it. I want to keep it for as long as I can, drive it until I can afford a newer one, and then keep it. Lower it, drop a nice motor in it, turn it into a nice little road warrior.

Last edited:

88chevy

Reaction score
I really like the side steps, actually... They're the only ones I've ever seen that I actually like... Definitely will get a billet grill though, my stock is destroyed on one side anyway. (Can't see it in the pics) The mount is straight up broken, like, completely wrecked. I'm going to replace the entire grill with the billet one from LMC. http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cd/CDGRD.htm

I'm also going to get a 2" rise Cowl Hood at one point or another, I think it'd look good on my truck. I want a tonneau cover too, with a Line-X bedliner. This is a truck and I will be using it as one, so the bedliner will be a must. I think I'm going to stick with my old style mirrors though. There will be a new exhaust system eventually, I was also thinking a new intake at some point. I was also thinking of maybe LEDs under the tonneau cover in the box once I get one? I think that would be a cool idea. It gets dark around 4:30 or 5 o'clock here in the winter, and I think it could be really useful when the cover is unrolled. My dad bought me this truck, and I want to make it better, not just for me, but for him. He means a lot to me and I can't thank him enough for everything he's done for me.

I honestly never plan on getting rid of it. I want to keep it for as long as I can, drive it until I can afford a newer one, and then keep it. Lower it, drop a nice motor in it, turn it into a nice little road warrior.

Yeah, the truck looks pretty good as is though to be honest. If you like your sidesteps, keep them. I really dont think you should ditch the old style mirrors though, especially since you still will have the old style interior but i guess thats your choice. All i would do was find a nice grille setup, run true dual 40 series out the sides at 45 degrees with a nice set of long tips (so you cant see where the pipe meets the tip) and find a set of newer style stock wheels off an 01-05 and put 33 inch all terrains on them or something and if you find some nice clear lights for the front (i personally hate the back ones), thats about as good looking as youll get in my opinion without spending big money or looking to 'tacky' or too dressed up and ruining it.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As I wrote I have all MSD stuff on my truck and I run NGK U-Groove plugs I have pulled them off before and the gap is double than what it should be and it still runs good now I leave my plugs in there a LONG....................time. I know my plugs in it now have been on there over 50K miles.