Lip spoiler cut from old bumper opinions please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not my style, but very ingenious repurposing of parts. I don't think it looks bad at all, just not something I would do.
I want that SS duraflex bumper skin. Certifit body parts makes no SS stuff...be nice if they did for cheap. Must be licensing limitations.....I can see not having SS clone overload but make enough Super Sports to go around until affordable.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As you can see in the mid 60's onward the forward down slope classic spoiler was what i call the "first generation " of aerodynamic engineered additions. And they do work. Allthough to be effective and measurable they must operated at those higher airspeeds. Later wind tunnel testing has shown that the flat or more vertical mounted front air dam directs pressure wave up through radiator. And to left, right around fenders. This change in shown in later trucks, tahoes as the flat extension below our bumpers. But, but...as a kid in high school in 74 the Camaro's, Challengers, 'Cuda's, Shelby GT 500. So freaking cool.
It all depends on wind tunnel testing, fluid Dynamics, etc but I guess this is the most effective widely utilized roots type front down force additions next to the slope of the hood itself. Originally sheet metal then made lighter fiberglass over foam core. I want to take a foam block and glass a rear spoiler flush with the rooftop like most modern designs and a front as well. Having successfully built a Ford f100 fan shroud before from bedsheet cotton molded over a fiberglass frame and fiberglass resin applied. That worked so good. Chevy did a nice job with the original on this.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got more daytime photos asked for. . Painted it to match. I do not get many photos of this Tahoe I like. I have a 16 gallon tank btw which should be a 28 or bigger than a 16. Kinda thought sender or float bad but it's an even 16 repeatedly . Anyone else? Shoulda been new thread.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_20210930_092751604_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210930_092751604_HDR.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210930_092813438_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210930_092813438_HDR.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 10

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to remove our spoiler many moons ago, my wife works retail and it was curb bitched. I think it was the night shifts when it took most of the hits. Nobody has ever commented on it being missing, even all the people making offers on the Chev. Chrome still Primo.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If a guy were crafty, the cheap aftermarket Chinese bumper I cut the bottom off of to make this spoiler is really a blank canvas to work up a totally cool functional race grade air dam. The steel is thinner, more workable and a nice oxyacetylene rig you couple really melt and bend away. The SS bumper cover, they make them for obs400s, seen one on our trucks. looked kick ass. A totally underutilized styling paramount. Not easy but doable. Saw repro SS ducts no screen for $40 pair somewhere.