Lifted and im going crazy!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how did this come out???

I replaced the rag joint ( doing the gear box on my vacation ) Spent a day crawling all over the truck looking for anything thats not right.... I found out my front shocks are WAY too short. They have been over extended the whole time. Because of the mounting bracket i was able to shim up the shocks about and inch and wow what a difference.. My new longer Bilsteins arrived today so i just need to install them. Even with the old Fabcrap shocks it rides so much better now, i can just imagine how nice it will be after the new shocks are installed..

Now im looking to up my tire size again, might just have to go back to 315's if i cant find anything decent in a 295/305

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK its official...............Im done with this lift on my truck, it is coming off!!!!!
I just noticed my front end is all out again..pass tire toed out and leaning in and drivers leaning in.. All parts are less than a year old and truck has been aligned 5 times now :flame:

Ive had lifted 4x's al my life and never a 2x....... what a different animal it is.

Think i will just go with a 4" spindle lift and do the KISS method!

:Rant:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
When ya do the spindle lift, make sure your uca bushings are actually PRESSED IN....alot of times the holes stretch and the bushings no longer press in , but instead fall in or move around. Then you have to replace the arms or have the bushings welded into the arms. Also, the leaning problem is cured usually by replacing those bad bushings, but if it leans after bushing replace, then you definitely need the blanks popped out. Most places(if they're good shops)will knock them out when they do the uca bushings anyways, and usually wont charge because it's like 5 minutes per side.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All bushing are less than a year old. Im going to replace the upper and lower B/J just because its apart but everything else should still be good.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ohhhh........good luck with the ball joints........those bottoms have to be pressed in and the rent-a-tool kit was kinda :wtf:

I wish you were local, I'd take it to the shop and tell them to do your's like they did mine. Around 18hrs total spent on aligning, including test-driving and making sure it didn't pull and that steering wheel was straight, etc. I call it a "critiqued alignment"........cost me $85 :D

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh........good luck with the ball joints........those bottoms have to be pressed in and the rent-a-tool kit was kinda :wtf:

I wish you were local, I'd take it to the shop and tell them to do your's like they did mine. Around 18hrs total spent on aligning, including test-driving and making sure it didn't pull and that steering wheel was straight, etc. I call it a "critiqued alignment"........cost me $85 :D

Thanks, i have a friend who owns a machine shop so ball joints are cake for me....

$85 dayum i have $500 just in alignment right now and im so done with it .