Lifted and im going crazy!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
yeah it hasn't been that price here since.....mmmmmmm, I think it was like in the late-80's.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it keeps getting better............

I got another chance to get under it today and found out what the noise was since i had it aligned for the 4th time a few months ago..... it has been making noises and really feeling loose on the highway. now i know why i have to keep going back for an alignment, they did not tighten the front UCA bolt!
http://youtu.be/s9RiBelShGo

I blame myself for not checking this sooner but only one day off i dont want to spend on my truck all day. I paid good money and have been going to this shop for twenty + years. i should not have to check it but!!!

Needless to say it needs another alignment and i think i will make them eat it or they lose me and family and friends business, which is fine cause the other shops are even cheaper......

Kmac69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem! It was my gear box I swapped it out and it was back to play time!!

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Well it keeps getting better............

I got another chance to get under it today and found out what the noise was since i had it aligned for the 4th time a few months ago..... it has been making noises and really feeling loose on the highway. now i know why i have to keep going back for an alignment, they did not tighten the front UCA bolt!
http://youtu.be/s9RiBelShGo

I blame myself for not checking this sooner but only one day off i dont want to spend on my truck all day. I paid good money and have been going to this shop for twenty + years. i should not have to check it but!!!

Needless to say it needs another alignment and i think i will make them eat it or they lose me and family and friends business, which is fine cause the other shops are even cheaper......

Holy $hit. I would Be losing my $hit on them Have. I would try and make them eat the mulitple alignments youve payed for. Thats Crazy and scary.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy $hit. I would Be losing my $hit on them Have. I would try and make them eat the mulitple alignments youve payed for. Thats Crazy and scary.

I actually had to stop myself from going down there and doing just that, i was in the truck on my way down but turned around cause i was so pissed!!! All i could think about was driving around with the woman & kids in the truck and thank god nothing came loose or looser ..... i need to go in with a clear head and not with my Irish temper because i would be calling the woman for bail money again!!

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i think im done with this truck!!! Just swapped out the lift and installed lift spindles along with new balljoints and springs and it drives great now..... But im sick! When i took it to the shop for the alignment my NEW pass side lower B/J was bad so that cost me another $285 just went out to check over everything and found the same lower B/J that they replaced is bad again, that makes 2 for the pass side so far. checked the drivers side and guess what...... Yep its on its way out to and only 2 weeks old.

Now i have a tranny problem, only when it gets hot it shift extremely hard into 2nd gear. So far from what i read its a common problem and fixed easily. But im at a point that im not sure i want to put anymore money into it.

Should i call it quits or fix it and keep feeding it $ cause im seriously thinking about trading it in.......:banghead:

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
hmmm thats crazy... Mayb try oem ? just be careful if you trade it in... I've changed ALOT of balljoints on NNBS's