Lifted and im going crazy!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I weould just go with a smaller lift. Once again, that's just me. It's up to you.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
when you hit bumpstops it causes the balljoints to get loose by pushing the plate up on them, the upper bj you can take out the zerk and hammer the crimp and plate back down to tighten it up, id have to look at a lower but i would bet the same can be done there.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I weould just go with a smaller lift. Once again, that's just me. It's up to you.

So you think 4" spindles is still too much lift ?

when you hit bumpstops it causes the balljoints to get loose by pushing the plate up on them, the upper bj you can take out the zerk and hammer the crimp and plate back down to tighten it up, id have to look at a lower but i would bet the same can be done there.

Bumpstops ya............. dont have any.

Just got new lower B/J installed again, she feels good again. but for how long :hmm:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No bumpstops? And you are wondering why your ball joints keep failing?

Seriously i dont drive hard or jump my truck, it drives up and down the highway and i have never needed bumpstops for highway use............

I did plan on getting some but cant seem to find stock bumpstops so i gave up looking

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Normal driving can make use of bumpstops. When your front suspension travels more than the distance between your upper a-arm and where the bumpstop should be (my truck that is only 1.5" or so), then everything is taken outside of its designed limits, ball joint especially. Everytime you hit a pothole that is more than 2" deep you are probably close to snapping your ball joints clean.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normal driving can make use of bumpstops. When your front suspension travels more than the distance between your upper a-arm and where the bumpstop should be (my truck that is only 1.5" or so), then everything is taken outside of its designed limits, ball joint especially. Everytime you hit a pothole that is more than 2" deep you are probably close to snapping your ball joints clean.

Probably true, but i didnt hit any pot holes or any thing else. Anybody know where i can get bumpstops ? ive looked everywhere