Lifted and im going crazy!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redblazerx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My advice and experience, whether some of you agree or not, I took my truck to the chevy dealership that I used to work for and spent $247 for the alignment, tightening body lift bolts and untwisted a brake caliper line that I accidently twisted putting back on. Make sure whoever does it makes sure that the upper A-arm "knockouts" are out, thats what cost me so much at chevy. I took it to a mom and pop alignment shop before that and wasted $75, they claimed that they didnt know about the knock outs.

I do ALOT of my own work and I felt to make sure that I was going to be safe and had documentation of that is the reason I paid $247 and took it to the dealer.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well fixing it would also be the need for an alignment right ? So either way it has to go back to the shop. And the only offload shop that could Possibly fix the Problem would be in Las Vegas and thats 100 miles so that's out.

Go talk to your local guy thats been doing alignments his whole life in the same shop. Like I said you might pay extra but he will get it right. Until its right avoid chain stores an tire shops. They won't want to do it fit the previous mentioned reasons. A good local shop will do it, you just got to get out there an find it in person, not through the phone....

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go talk to your local guy thats been doing alignments his whole life in the same shop. Like I said you might pay extra but he will get it right. Until its right avoid chain stores an tire shops. They won't want to do it fit the previous mentioned reasons. A good local shop will do it, you just got to get out there an find it in person, not through the phone....

I have been using one guy for years, i even had him install the lift but he didnt get it aligned right so i took it to the big shop 4 times already! this town SUCKS for anything offroad and im in the freaking DESERT!! I did some reading today (which this might have been posted earlier in this thread) and found that the tires need to be toed in due to the big tires. so i got under it today and i torqued the suspension down again and i toed in the tires just a lil bit. tomorrow when i hit the highway i will know if it has changed at all. i did drive it to pick up the kid from school and it seemed tight again so who knows ...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try going back to him to see what he could do with it?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your knockouts removed like redblazerx asked?

This is an all spring lift right? Its there another reputable local shop you can try? I know where I would send you if you lived here, but that won't be much help....

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well no there not, last time the guys said they did not need the extra adjustment so... The truck was lowered before i bought it so maybe thats its destiny lol

redblazerx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GO TO A GM DEALER AND GET THE "KNOCKOUTS" DONE AND GET AN ALIGNMENT THERE AND STOP MESSING WITH THESE MOM AND POP SHOPS AND PAYING ALOT OF MONEY FOR LITTLE WORK. PLEASE LISTEN TO US THAT HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS.......

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
GO TO A GM DEALER AND GET THE "KNOCKOUTS" DONE AND GET AN ALIGNMENT THERE AND STOP MESSING WITH THESE MOM AND POP SHOPS AND PAYING ALOT OF MONEY FOR LITTLE WORK. PLEASE LISTEN TO US THAT HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS.......

Caps key get stuck?

Sent from my infected Android using tapatalk.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caps key get stuck?

Sent from my infected Android using tapatalk.

No, he is yelling at me lol......

The shop i have used for the last 4 alignments is a nation wide shop! only used mom and pop for smaller repair jobs....
Went and bought a steering gear box and rag joint today, got the steering shaft disconnected and i think i found the problem.............. will update tomorrow! but the truck is staying lifted i dont know what i was thinking when i wanted to lower it...:banghead: