Led reverse flood light “Bumper Install” 28$ Bargain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the same thing to my '98 suburban. It makes backing up a lot easier especially with the tint on the rear windows. I picked my lights up from Amazon for around $20.00 if I remember correctly. They are 9 watt floods and well worth the effort to cut the bumber and install them.
That’s what’s up !!! Looks how it should I am def not opposed to the final outcome . I would have liked to find more rectangular lights , something more like a 2”X 6” …. but it’s whatever. The harness off each led pod ran perfect in length right up to the loom tied into the Lt green wire. The led ground tied into the filler neck ground strap. Like said most of the work is just cutting the template .
I was determined to use Nilight brand…

Imho it’s better to see what your gonna run over before you go look at what you did run over all cause of sub-par sh** reverse lights lol

I would do this mod again….

Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
That’s what’s up !!! Looks how it should I am def not opposed to the final outcome . I would have liked to find more rectangular lights , something more like a 2”X 6” …. but it’s whatever.
I was determined to use Nilight brand

Imho it’s better to see what your gonna run over before you go look at what you did run over all cause of sub-par sh** reverse lights lol

I would do this mod again….
I have a new bumper and another set of lights for the wifes '92 K 1500. She likes the suburban lights so much that she requested a set for her truck.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the install; I mounted a set of HF pods to my bumper and tied them into my cargo light switch, same as the spot lights in my mirrors. Between the mirror lights, pods, and reverse lights I can almost get a tan with them on!
It's such a game changer trying to load stuff and night with all these lights. My only gripe is the HF flood lights started failing, I think it's in part to being at the back of the truck and being pelted with garbage; I'll probably take the next set of lights apart and reseal them before installation.
You must be registered for see images attach

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the install; I mounted a set of HF pods to my bumper and tied them into my cargo light switch, same as the spot lights in my mirrors. Between the mirror lights, pods, and reverse lights I can almost get a tan with them on!
It's such a game changer trying to load stuff and night with all these lights. My only gripe is the HF flood lights started failing, I think it's in part to being at the back of the truck and being pelted with garbage; I'll probably take the next set of lights apart and reseal them before installation.
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks good !!!!
It would be nice to see if Kc lights the “tried and true“ offers something small like these flush LEDs just so you know it’s a one and done long term install .
I guess I’ll see how long 28$ lasts .. if I get a year I’m fine. I’d buy another pair definitely. I can’t imagine burning them out, as far as (( led hours)).
Reverse lights are on for 10-15 seconds a day . I don’t use them with a rocker switch for anything on demand other than just backing up with a clear view .

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
Looks good !!!!
It would be nice to see if Kc lights the “tried and true“ offers something small like these flush LEDs just so you know it’s a one and done long term install .
I guess I’ll see how long 28$ lasts .. if I get a year I’m fine. I’d buy another pair definitely. I can’t imagine burning them out, as far as (( led hours)).
Reverse lights are on for 10-15 seconds a day . I don’t use them with a rocker switch for anything on demand other than just backing up with a clear view .
I had a set of the pods on my '90 plow truck for years and they got reused on another truck 2 years ago and the are still working fine.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the same thing to my '98 suburban. It makes backing up a lot easier especially with the tint on the rear windows. I picked my lights up from Amazon for around $20.00 if I remember correctly. They are 9 watt floods and well worth the effort to cut the bumber and install them.
I like that 7 pin install “ I might consider that idea …
I doubled back to look cause I thought it was funny you placed your LEDs literally in the same spot I did . It must be good judgement…
Then I seen the trailer plug .
I might do that , but I don’t know if I want a bunch of different plug n plays in the bumper end up looking like a power strip ha…

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good, I need to do something close to the same. Its all "I cant see ****** **** out of this thing." (Django Unchained reference) When trying to back up the dually. Aint no light out here in the country.
20-30$ and 2 hours it can be done .. everything One ground , One 12v wire ties to the Lt green wire . Biggest thing is looking over all the options for lights and figuring out your available space.
All I can say is you want a
“ flood light “ flush mount .

Nilight brand on Amazon , crazy good reviews for a chinese light.

evilunclegrimace

Reaction score
I like that 7 pin install “ I might consider that idea …
I doubled back to look cause I thought it was funny you placed your LEDs literally in the same spot I did . It must be good judgement…
Then I seen the trailer plug .
I might do that , but I don’t know if I want a bunch of different plug n plays in the bumper end up looking like a power strip ha…
I mounted everything in the face of the bumper becuase we normally get 100+ inches of snow here and when things get mounted under the bumber they tend to knocked of in a snow bank or catch alot of road splash.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mounted everything in the face of the bumper becuase we normally get 100+ inches of snow here and when things get mounted under the bumber they tend to knocked of in a snow bank or catch alot of road splash.

Ya not a fan of hanging things off and under bumpers with brackets .. tacky look …
Flush mount or hidden .. I do have a light bar recessed / mounted behind my GMC (Billet grill) insert .. can’t even tell it’s there… never use it , But it’s there if I need it , outside of daily driving .. if I find myself off in the back roads or camping or anything of that nature .